Chapter 20: Circus Rehearsals

During the rehearsals for the circus animals, Alex was watching Mariah and Katie. We were gonna show Alex how their dance is gonna go like for their ribbon dance for the circus. Mariah and Katie were wearing tank tops and shorts and wearing ponytails for the rehearsal with having ribbon streamers. Alex was sitting right next to a CD playing speaker while having Adriana sat on his lap.

"Have you and Katie done this before?" Alex asked Mariah.

"Yeah. We did this sometimes for our performance back in New York, remember?" Mariah asked.

"Yeah, I guess I know that." Alex said.

"Aren't you gonna dance with us?" Katie asked.

"I'll do dance moves with you girls for the show." Alex answered.

"Okay, we'll show you the new dances, and we both picked out a song for our performance. I'm sure that you might like it." Mariah said.

"I'm sure I will. Are you two ready to dance?" Alex asked both girls.

"Yes." Mariah answered.

"Me too." Katie answered along.

Alex turns on the music, it was the song "Love You Like A Love Song" by Selena Gomez. Mariah and Katie started to dance while twirling their ribbon streamers as they moved around and spins to dance.

Alex was staring at Mariah at the entire time with a love struck face as she didn't notice it, not even Katie see his face. Once when the song finished, both girls did their final poses, and Alex claps.

"You two did great. Nice performance." Alex said.

"Thanks." Katie said.

"Thanks. I'm sure that you'll do great too. With us." Mariah said.

Katie looks up to see something.

"Hey, there's Brandon and Gia." Katie said as she pointed her finger to them.

Alex and Mariah listen and look up to see Brandon and Gia are doing trapeze together very well.

"Did I see something? What I think it is between Brandon and Gia?" Katie asked.

"Yeah. Brandon is in love with Gia." Mariah said.

All three of them smiled as they see Brandon dipping Gia down from the trapeze, in a romantic way, got up as they hold hands together until Marty flying from a cannon and pushes both Brandon and Gia down to the trampoline under the trapeze training. The circus animals looked at them, jumping to have fun as they cheered happily.

"E bravo! Bravissima! Hey, Vitaly, maybe you even do two hoops, no?" Stefano asked the Vitaly and leaves.

Vitaly stood still and was silent while he was thinking of doing hoops. Skipper went up Alex, upside down behind him.

"Seorita Bell-bottoms. Tenemos una problema grande." Skipper said to Alex in a different language.

"Qu? Qu grande problema?" Alex asked in a different language.

Alex looked in the binoculars to see Captain DuBois sniffing to the railroad track like a hound dog  as her henchman looked down at her on their scooters. Captain DuBois points in front of her like a dog way to lead the direction. Alex and the penguins were wearing sunflower petals costume over their heads in disguise.

"Oh, no! She's onto us!" Alex shouted in fear.

"Shh! Don't make it any easier on the psycho." Skipper said.

"What are we gonna do?" Alex asked.

"We'd better vamoose... Pronto." Skipper replied.

"But we're not ready. We're in the middle of rehearsals." Alex said.

"Then why don't you lilt over, grab your peduncle, and kiss New York goodbye?" Skipper asked.

Alex thinks for a moment as he is feeling worried about the plan.

"Are you sure we are ready?" Stefano asked.

"Of course we're ready! Born ready! Ready steady! Come on, let's go! Let's go, go, go, go, go!" Alex shouted.

"All right, you heard the cat. Move it! Come on! All aboard! Grab your luggage and drain your bladders. lt's going to be a long ride!" Skipper said in the microphone to announce.

The circus animals were getting in the crates of the train as fast as they could, including the gang.

"All right, everybody, let's blow that promoter away!" Alex shouted.

Vitaly looked at them far behind and closed the doors of his crate.