37~ THE LAST EXAMINATION

Regret. One letter word but filled with meanings. My dad was still giving me the silent treatment. He refused to talk to me. He was equally mad at Surhail too. His word being he trusted him and he ended up defiling his daughter. I tried contacting Surhail but he didn't pick. Although when i was discharged he came to pick me up but my dad refused and insisted to go home alone.

The only person that contacted me from the Mohammad family was Basma. And it wasn't pleasant.

"You bitch!" Was the first thing she said when I picked up the call.

"Basma." I gasped, I wasn't offended, just relieved that she at least called me.

"How could you? I know you're a bitch but why will you allow my brother to take a blame for what he didn't even do?"

"I."

"I know he loves you but seriously you're a butch. Why didn't you stop him? Do you know how angry dad is at him?" She yelled out frustrated. My eyes filled with tears, I have been called a bitch countless of times but to hear her said it out loud especially when she was angry at me made it more painful.

"I'm sorry." I chanted.

"Better tell the truth and leave my brother out of it." And then she hung up. I continued crying endlessly. My chest contracting. The pain felt like hot boiling water pour on my chest. I never asked Surhail to cover up for me. I never asked him to take the blame. Sure I would have been in trouble If I were asked to provide the father and Alhaji Bello was not willing to take responsibility and i possibly can't abort due to what the doctor said.

* * * * *
My last paper was coming up and then I would be done with Waec and secondary school. I applaud Surhail family for keeping the matter private. No one knew about my predicament outside the two families. The only thing I was allowed to do was go to school and since the pregnancy was not yet noticeable no one suspected a thing. The next three Fridays after my Waec would be my wedding day. Although I and Surhail are yet to speak, I was yet to apologize to him and ask him why he took the blame for something he knew nothing about and if he was wishing to accept a child that is not his own.

When my dad mentioned I was getting married to Surhail, I didn't know I should be happy or sad. Happy that was getting married to the love of my life or sad that I'm tarnishing his image in the face of his family. I needed to have a word with him fast, as in three days time, the kayan lefe would be brought in and then it's a done deal.

* * * * *
I was finally done with my last paper, my mind was all over the place. I felt alone. At home, my parents ignore me. At school my best friend equally ignore me and to make it worst my soon to be husband is not making an effort to communicate with me. I just wanted him to call me and tell me its fine. Or yell at me, I don't care. I just want to hear him voice.

Tabitha tried talking to me but I ignored her and walked away. If it weren't for her and her stupid divas group, I wouldn't have been in this predicament. Karma is a bitch and I'm a living proof of it.

* * * * *
Hey guys. There's a chapter after this so check it out.
Please vote, comment and share.
Love limatuu__