5~ THE TROUBLE

My mom was standing at the door a cane in her hand and a very very angry expression.

Without someone telling me, I knew I was toast, now here's the thing about African parents.. they don't care if you're an adult or a teenager, when it comes to beating you, they will do it proudly.

"Where are you coming from?" My mom questioned and that time, they were thousand scenarios going on inside my head.

All I could think about was the fact that I was going to die, my mom can kill a person with a slipper, it's frightening how many weapons she can use when trying to prove her point.

"uh, um, I, uh.." I stuttered, I couldn't come up with anything at all, nothing.

"you what? Where were you?" she asked again, her hand raised in the air, ready to strike.

"mom, I went to the library." I finally spoke, that was the first thing that got to me, the first thing that my mind uttered for me to speak.

"library?" She questioned and I nodded in approval. "and why didn't you tell me you were going to the library?"

"I didn't even know I was going mom, my friends called me and told me about the library outing, so I just decided to follow them." I was speaking so softly, so innocently like I was the most purest person in the world. "kiyi hakuri mama ( I am sorry mom)" I apologized, she stared at me for what felt like hours but was only mere seconds, she was analyzing me, trying to figure it if I was lying.

Defeated, she signed and made way for me to go in, but mind you I was still scared, I thought it was just a plan, get her in and beat her up. I was hesitating, thinking it through until I decided to just take the risk and just go.

I was walking slowly, looking through my side eye if her hand was moving to take the strike, when I saw it wasn't, I ran into the house and straight to my room, I heaved a relief sigh when I was successfully in my room.

"That was close." I muttered.

*******
After dinner, I went back to my room, there's nothing really interesting to do actually, our startimes decoder expired months ago, so the only channels viewing were the national channels which I hate.

It consists of just news, religious programs and sometimes, movies. Nigerian movies which I absolutely hate.

Like a snap, I remembered the money given to me by Alhaji Bello.

Where will I hide it now?

If my parents were to find out about that money then I'm toast, I have no excuse as to who and where I got the money from.

Thinking of places to hide the money, I thought about underneath my pillow but then I remembered sometimes my mom decides to clean my room, she always said "you call that cleaning? You just destroyed the room again" what if she finds the money?

Maybe I should just hide it underneath my bed.. No that was a horrible idea, my roommates will take it away, and by roommates I meant the rats parading our house.

Without another choice, I decide to just leave the money in my school bag, if there was one thing Laura high was good at, it was how stealing was never a thing recorded in the schools.

With a smile and a decision made, I doze off thinking about the next day.

*******
Why hello! How are you all doing? It's been a few weeks. And I'm so sorry, I have just been so busy, like literally so so busy, I had my jamb exams and I was reading like crazy but Alhamdulillah it's all gone now and it's over. I will continue with the updates every sunday I promise.

Next chapter on Sunday.