Chapter 27: Fix It

Tap that VOTE & leggo!

Dinah's POV

Rehearsals were making my life miserable again. But this time it wasn't the dancers. Because our showcase was a continuation of our lesbian-lover college showcase, Normani and I spent lots of alone time revamping our old choreo for our two main leads. And every time I danced intimately close with Normani, my mind would go crazy with weird daydreams, in which I was kissing and pushing her up against the mirrored wall while ripping her clothes off.

To stifle out the recurring weird thoughts, I kept my dance partner at a distance. For the past month, I'd been talking to her only when it was absolutely necessary. I was spending more time with Kalin or picking up extra shifts at the restaurant. And because I didn't want my daughter getting too attached to Normani, I'd put Ryder in night dance and drawing classes, which'd put an end to pasta nights and sleepovers since Ryder was too tired to life after. I also made sure Ryder, Kalin, and I were doing something every weekend so that I wouldn't have to see much of Normani outside of dance.

"I wanna talk to Normani," Camila said on FaceTime.

"Then call her," I said, not wanting to have an excuse to see Normani.

"She literally lives two feet away. Get your ass up and lemme talk to her!"

"But I'm comfortable and she's in her apartment," I said stubbornly, snuggling into my blanket on the couch.

"Fine. I'll call her and ask her to bring me to you, so I can talk to both of you together!" Camila retorted.

"I fucking hate you," I said with a defeated sigh, reluctantly getting up and going to Normani's studio apartment in my backyard.

When I knocked and went in, Normani was sitting against the headboard of her bed and Skyping with someone on her laptop. "Of course, you're going to be my maid of honor. As if that was ever up for debate. Sean's even put you down for that on our wedding website. I just hadn't gotten around to asking y- Oh hey, Dinah!"

Feeling uneasy at Normani's wedding talk and wanting to get out of there, I said, "Sorry...didn't realize you were busy. I'll come back later. "

"Wait! I'm just talking to Lauren. Come say hi," Normani said, scooting over slightly to make room for me on the bed.

I reluctantly sat next to Normani on the bed, trying not to think about how good her lotion smelled and how badly I wanted to lick it off. Before my thoughts could become more explicit, I distracted myself by waving at Lauren through the laptop, " 'Sup Lauren!"

"Dinah! Oh my God! Hi! How've you been!?" Lauren said excitedly.

"Lauren!?" came a loud squeak from my phone, and I realized I'd forgotten all about Camila being on call, "Isn't that the creep who tried to get at me at the club that one time?"

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "Who said that? Who else is there?"

"Hey Camila!" Normani said excitedly, leaning against me to look at Camila through my phone and making me shiver at our closeness.

"Oh fuck. It's that Canola chick, isn't it?" Lauren said irritably, "She's still a bitch, I see."

"Play nice, Lauren," Normani scolded.

"I'm the bitch!?" Camila shouted, "Lemme face that creep! Lemme face her!"

"Shut up, Walz," I scolded.

"Turn her around! I wanna see what the bitch has to say!" Lauren said heatedly.

"Nuh uh. We are not doing this right now," Normani said firmly, "You guys can fight it out at my wedding next year."