Chapter 8: Netflix & Chill

Tap that VOTE and leggo!

Normani's POV

I was a germaphobe and straight as a stick, but ever since I'd gone clubbing with Dinah, I was having recurring dreams about making out with her. And well...they weren't exactly PG dreams either. Some of them were so rated R that I'd wake up with my hands in my pants.

God, I was going crazy!

I didn't want to have recurring X-rated lesbian dreams about my dance partner. It was okay for Lauren to be bisexual, but my life plans did not involve me going through a phase of curiosity that could potentially result in changing my sexuality. Nope. There was no room for Dinah Jane in my resolutely straight and simple life plan. And that's why, I wasn't looking forward to seeing her in class or rehearsal anymore. In fact, I was counting down the days till the holidays, in which I was going to enjoy two amazing weeks without Dinah Jane, because thankfully, she was going to be on the other side of the country with her boyfriend and family.

As soon as I walked into class, a few days after the club incident, my dance friends...er Dinah's dance friends, who'd indirectly become my friends...surrounded me, and, to my annoyance, started teasing me about only dancing with Dinah at the club.

"What's going on here?" Dinah asked, joining our stretch circle five minutes later, "What's so funny?"

"Ah! Here to rescue your girlfriend, DJ?" Victoria smirked.

"My girlfriend? Which one of you bitches is it this time?" Dinah asked jovially.

"Normani, duh!" Zendaya said, "When we were begging her to join our hoe-train, she kept saying no. Then you swoop in with a floor routine and lap dance and practically seduce her onto the dance floor? What's up with that?"

"That's cuz you don't know my girl like I do," Dinah smirked, nudging me playfully, which irritated me even more.

"Aha! She confesses!" Victoria teased.

"Yup. You caught me. Alfie's just a cover. Normani's got the real key to my heart. Don't you, Princess?" Dinah said, nudging me playfully again.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes irritably, before getting up and walking away.

"Damn Dinah, looks like your girl's mad at you," Zendaya said.

"Manz! Wait up!" Dinah said, scrambling to catch up with me on the other side of the room, "Why're you mad?"

"I'm not mad," I said defensively.

"Oh, I get it! Sorry Mani, I've just been really stupid. I should've texted you right away."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You're mad cuz of Camila, aren't you?" Dinah asked, "I'm really sorry on her behalf. She interns for the ER along with her med school program, so she's barely had any time off. Plus, she may've been PMSing a bit. Please tell Lauren, I'm sorry. I know she was just trying to look out for Walz. And I'm sorry I didn't text you earlier to clear things up."

That was not the reason I was mad. Actually, I didn't really know why I was so mad, but I knew that Lauren and Camila had nothing to do with it. But I pretended like Dinah had the right reason and said, "Okay, I'll tell her."

"I know that's not enough," Dinah said quickly, noticing my sternness, "Can I maybe come by and talk to Lauren myself?"

"Uh...I think she's over it, so there's really no need to-"

"Still. I just wanna make sure for myself. Is it okay if I come over after class?"

"Lauren won't be home till the evening though."