Chapter 18: The Princess Pact

A/N: If you ready and you know it, tap that VOTE! *tap tap tap*

Dinah's POV

Saturday had suddenly become my favorite day of the week. I didn't have shifts at the restaurant. Ryder didn't have any extracurricular activities. And since I quit dance, I didn't have to go into the studio and spend time with the spawns of Satan. For the first time in years, I had a lazy day with my daughter. We just ordered some pizza, watched Disney movies, and napped.

We were in the middle of one of these naps, when the doorbell rang. I whined and groggily made my way downstairs, ready to tell off whoever was at my door for waking me up. But when I opened the door and saw who it was, I instantly woke up.

"Hi," Normani said, fidgeting with her sleeves, looking nervous.

"What're you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"I came to see why you're avoiding me."

"I'm not avoiding you."

"Right," Normani scoffed sarcastically, looking less nervous, "First, you weasel out of coffee and then you drop my showcase? If that isn't the definition of avoiding someone, I dunno what is."

"I-I...uhm..."

"And I'm moving in, so avoiding me is about to get a lot harder."

"What!?" I blurted out in shock, "What'd you mean you're moving in? Into where!? My house!?"

"I'll tell you if you invite me in."

"Right. Sorry. Come in," I spluttered, moving aside for Normani to enter, and after we'd settled down in the living room, I asked again, "So...what'd you mean you're moving in?"

"Well...this is Camila's investment property that you're renting, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"And she usually rents out the detached studio apartment in the backyard as Air B&B, right?"

"So, you're going to rent the studio apartment out!? For 6 whole months!?" I blurted out in panic.

"Unless...you don't want me to," Normani said with a frown.

"No. That's not what I meant," I said quickly, "It's just that she didn't tell me, and i-it was just unexpected that's all. Sorry...I really didn't mean-"

"Dinah, relax. It's okay," Normani said, putting her hand on mine.

I startled at her sudden touch, and, thinking I was uncomfortable, she quickly pulled her hand away. But as she did, I noticed a shiny diamond ring on her left ring finger.

And before I could stop myself, I asked, "You're married?"

"Engaged. Sean's a venture capitalist, so you know we bonded over some OCD planning," Normani joked, "Wanna see?"

"Sure."