Chapter 10: Pillow Talk

Tap that VOTE and leggo!

Normani's POV

I got under the covers of Dinah's queen-size bed and waited for her to finish brushing her teeth in nervous excitement. This was the first time we were going to be sleeping in the same bed. For my first two days in California, I'd slept over at Camila's house because Dinah had snuck off to be with her boyfriend. But now that her boyfriend had gone on vacation, I was going to be sleeping at her house for the remainder of my visit.

"Why're you so far away?" Dinah asked as she settled under the covers, "We're gonna end up cuddling anyway, so might as well come closer."

But I didn't wanna go closer. What if she could feel my racing heart? But at the same time, I did wanna get a tiny bit closer. So, I stiffly inched myself toward her side of the bed.

"Jesus Mani, do you always sleep like you're in a coffin? Lying all stiff like a log with your hands folded on your stomach?" Dinah asked as she snuggled herself into me.

"Yes," I said, my heart pounding at how close she was.

"I can teach you how to cuddle comfortably in bed."

"No thanks," I said as I felt her minty breath on my neck, my skin broke into goosebumps.

"Too bad. I'm not trynna sleep next to a dead body," Dinah said, maneuvering me onto my side with surprising strength.

"Dinah! What're you-"

"Isn't this much better?" Dinah asked happily, spooning me comfortably from behind, "I love being big spoon."

"You big spoon your boyfriend after sex?" I blurted out before I could stop myself.

My heart sank with a nervous pang as the words rushed out of my mouth. Who the fuck asks that!? Ugh, I was going crazy! Ever since Camila had said "She hasn't sucked his dick for three whole months so obviously she's gonna sneak off at night," disgusting images of Dinah having sex with her boyfriend kept polluting my mind. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I'd been dreaming about accidentally unleashing a chainsaw on him.

"Nah, he's too buff, so I'm always little spoon. But I'm always big spoon with all my sisters and Walz and Vicky and Z, and now, you," Dinah answered casually as if I hadn't asked her a highly intrusive question, "And Alfie and I don't have sex. Well, not vaginal sex. Just oral."

"Ew, okay I don't need to know that," I said, inching away from her grasp, half relieved and half disgusted at the information.

Dinah inched herself against me again, holding me tighter now so I couldn't escape again, and said, "Oh come on, Manz. You're one of my besties now. We can talk about this kinda stuff."

"No thanks."

"You wouldn't have brought it up if you weren't curious about my sex life. Just admit it."

"I don't care about your sex life," I lied, stuck between curiosity and disgust.

"Well, if you really wanna know, I believe in the whole sex-after-marriage crap. See this? It's a purity ring," Dinah said, ignoring me and holding up her hand for me to see.

"Oh," I said in surprise. I'd never gotten the purity-ring-kinda-girl vibe from Dinah. Giving up the pretense that I wasn't curious, I asked, "Isn't that a little old-fashioned?"

"Yeah. But my parents are really conservative, you know? They'd kill me if I got preggers outta wedlock. Besides, I personally think it's sweet to wait till after marriage. Then you'll have something to look forward to on your wedding night."