64. cole x camila (s)

author: lovershub / me
source: tumblr

edited this a little

Camila was reading through the 2.14 script for her show Riverdale, which they were shooting today. She had already read it over 200 times but couldn't wrap her head around the episode's events. She was pacing up and down her trailer, when she read over the line she had been panicking about - Jughead & Veronica kiss. Cami and Cole are really close - but as friends. Nerves spiked up in the girl and her heart rate began to quicken. Her daze got cut short when there was a knock at her trailer door. The raven haired girl opened it, revealing her co-star and best friend Lili.

"We're ready for you" she smiled.
"You feeling okay?" she said, face breaking out into a look of concern.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine."
The girl muttered as the two made their way to the hot tub, where the scene was being filmed.

"And action!" the director calls out, and the set quiet  as the cameras begin rolling for the scene.

"So to clear the air amongst us, Jughead and I..." Camila took her fake cocktail from the edge of the steamy hot tub.
"Should kiss." She finished, taking a sip of her drink just as the script had instructed.
"What?" The actress heard KJ say in his overly American accent from beside her, his arm around her lazily.

Camila watched as Cole laughed as in the script, feeling her cheeks heating up. At least she could blame it on the hot steam.
"Veronica, are you nuts?" KJ said, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, wait a minute I don't know, hold on." Cole said, removing his arm from around Lili and standing up. The raven haired actress averted her eyes from his abs awkwardly as he stood in front of the 3.
"Veronica and I? Kissing? Might help to uh...what's the sports term Archie? Level the playing field?" Cole said in the smug voice he so often mocked his character for.

KJ raised his eyebrows as Cole let out a short laugh.
"Betty? A little help here?" The red head said, turning his gaze to Lili.
"But you're not upset though Jug." The blonde actress said, looking up at Cole from her position.
"No, no, really, I'm not upset." Cole said as the blonde nodded knowingly.
"Righ-

"But I'm human." He cut her off, hand scratching the back of his neck, his body shiny with a mixture of water and sweat.
"What if a future me tries to use your kiss with Archie against some future you?" The dark haired actor continued, as Lili looked up at him questioningly.

"A Vughead kiss? Right now in the present, could be precisely what it takes to save a future Bughead from imploding." Camila cringed at the use of the ship names, she had no idea why they were written in, and could tell that Cole was cringing too as he pushed some stray strands of damp, dark hair away from his face.

"I mean Archie come on man, it's just a stupid kiss...right?" Cole finished his lines, the stupid smug smirk Jughead always wore back on his lips.

Camila knew this was her cue and prepared herself as she stood up from the water, the bitter air making everything more uncomfortable as she waded through the water toward Cole.

She stood beside him, planting her hands on either side of his face as she looked into his dark eyes.
"Jughead...don't freak out. Just trust me." The actress recited the familiar lines before pulling the boy's face toward her. They stayed like that for what was probably a few seconds, but what felt like an eternity as the crew captured Betty and Archie's reactions.

"And cut! That was great guys. We'll pick this up tomorrow. Everyone else, take 5″ the director called out, snapping the two out of their trance.

"Well, that was something." Cole laughed, helping the small girl out of the pool and handing her a towel. A smile crept up on the actress' face.
"Hey, want to get something to eat later? - seeming as neither of us have any more scenes to do today"