28. fangs x sweetpea (s)

author: icaruslut
source: archive of our own

Maybe it was the adrenaline – that's what he would probably tell himself later on. When he starts to overthink it like he does most things. What can he say? It feels like forever since the Serpents were out together, kicking the shit out of people. In this case, it was driving those Gargoyles out of that decrepit block of flats. They got caught up in it and Fangs, the god damned idiot, decided to headbutt one of them. That's why Fangs was now sat on the kitchen sink with Sweet Pea, awkwardly stood between his legs, dabbing the cut on his temple with a whisky-soaked rag. Fangs kept jerking away and hissing – not to mention he kept biting his lip. Sweet Pea took a swig from the bottle of whisky on the counter to clear his head, before offering the bottle to Fangs who re-wet the rag and pressed it to Sweet Peas grazed cheek. He grunted in pain, bowing his head and gripping Fangs' thigh. The thigh he didn't even realise he'd been holding onto until Fangs gasped in surprise before he averted his gaze and took a long, slow, deliberate drink of the whisky.

Situations like this had occurred before between them. And it was always Sweet Pea who would back out at the last moment. Fangs was okay with this, really he was – it's not like he'd then go home and not know if he wanted to throw the nearest object at the wall or curl into a ball and cry. He risked a glance back at Sweet Pea who had his head cocked to one side and licked his lips, eye twitching when his whisky-laden tongue reached a small cut he hadn't noticed earlier. Just how he hadn't noticed that he'd all but pinned Fangs against the counter, hadn't noticed how it made them a similar height, how the scent that was so purely Fangs wrapped itself around him, begging him to move closer, to do what he had wanted to do for so long. Sweet Pea hadn't realised he was staring, or that Fangs was still drinking that whisky, side-eyeing him, still giving him that chance to back out. Instead, Sweet Pea grabbed the bottle of whisky from Fangs, downed a good portion of what was left of it before slamming in down on the counter. It wasn't an aggressive act, oh no, it was years of frustration and the finality of the act. No using it as an excuse: drinking a bottle, watching a shit film and falling asleep wrapped around each other. Well, the night may still end with them wrapped around each other but only time would tell.

He growled, low and guttural in his throat, pressing closer to Fangs who was still looking at him, mouth agape and eyes wide. But Fangs was sick of waiting, sick of Sweet Pea sitting on the fence, so he reached his hand around to the base of the taller man's neck and yanked him closer, lips finally meeting. Without being a total cliché, it was like fucking fireworks, like the end and start of the universe, like there was no other scenario other than this. It wasn't pretty – it was all teeth and tongues, trying to get as close as possible and fighting for dominance. Their hands were roaming all over each other, nails and fingertips digging in, sure to leave a mark. It was desperate and overdue and all either of them had ever wanted – whether they admitted it or not. Fangs hands trailed down to Sweet Peas ass, into his jeans pocket and squeezed hard, causing Sweet Pea to move closer still (if that was even possible with clothes on) and grind against Fangs. He let out a huff, finally leaving Fangs' swollen cherry lips to begin an assault on his neck instead. Hands wandered up the shirt of the trapped Serpent, fingertips ghosting over the scar neither one really wanted to acknowledge. Fangs wasn't here to play though, so he hooked his legs around Sweets' waist and grabbed his jaw in lustful demand.

All Sweet Pea could do was hum in pleasure as Fangs kissed his way down the tattooed side of his neck before licking a long stripe over his adam's apple. He shivered in ecstasy. But Fangs' definitely wasn't going to waste an opportunity like this, so before Sweets knew what was happening, Fangs was palming him through his jeans and sucking at that spot where his shoulder and collarbone met. And when Fangs bit that spot and he saw stars, he knew there was no going back. He was completely gone – in love with his best friend and he wanted everyone to know. But he also didn't want to cum in his pants because that isn't how he wanted this to end. Plus, he had no laundry money. Time to distract himself.