17. archie x cheryl (f)

author: xJordanKayX
source: fanfiction.net

It's a business deal she is informed on her 18th birthday. One that has been arranged even before either of the children had been even born and her parents have dreaded telling them for almost as long. But it's what have kept the family in business, and more importantly incredibly rich and in this society, this is really all that matters. Cheryl can't deny she likes the money, but is this extravagant lifestyle a good trade for her freedom?

In any case, it's too late now, unless she plans to run away in the next two weeks, and since that would break her beloved brother's heart, she won't. The wedding with the Andrews' boy has been set up twenty years ago, which had given the people involved a pretty long time to organize and plan. Unfortunately for Cheryl Blossom and Archie Andrews, this means they are to be married in a big and public wedding, about two weeks after the girl turns eighteen. It also doesn't matter that neither of them had ever met the other even once in their lives.

The Blossoms used to be the family calling all the shots in their small town for centuries. That is, until the Andrews family settled there some decades ago. Cheryl isn't sure on the details, but somehow the Blossoms have been dethroned and they didn't take it well. A family feud lasting for fifteen years had broken free and neither of the two families had shied away from violence and murder. So, one day, one of their respective ancestors came up with a pact to keep the peace. The Andrews' relocated over to the next town, getting Greendale under their control pretty easily, and the Blossoms would get back Riverdale. Neither was supposed to set foot into the other's territory. Until the first born children of both families reached eighteen years of age, then they would merge their families into one and control all of this side of Sweetwater River.

Cheryl has no intention of marrying some boy she'd never met before, tells her parents as much. They don't care, not that she would have expected anything else, and prepare for tomorrow night's dinner. Because, of course Cheryl will not have to marry a boy she's never met before, that's why Archie and his parents are invited over and then the girl is expected to leave with them, to move into her new home before the wedding. There would be no cancellation, no matter what, but all of the involved thinks it's best for the future bride and groom to get to know each other some before vows are exchanged.

She spends the night locked in her room, in turn video chatting with Veronica and Betty and venting to her brother. Jason is engaged to Betty's older sister, out of their own free will, and she's happy for both of them, but it pisses Cheryl off that she has to be the one being forced into an arranged marriage. It's the twentieth century for god's sake, gay relationships are just as common, so why can't her brother just be forced into this?! Before hanging up and going to bed, she invites all three girls to the wedding and a bachelorette party, because if this is her wedding, than she'll do it her way.

She meets Archie Andrews for the first time out in the backyard, where she has just readied her archery gear and for a split second she debates if accidentally shooting him would get her out of this. She decides that it would probably get her into more trouble than she would get out of and so she puts the boy and arrow to the side and pretends to be interested in meeting him.

The first thing she notices is that his hair color matches hers and she thinks that she at least doesn't have to worry about her children not inheriting it. Then she mentally slaps herself. She doesn't know the guy and she doesn't want to marry him, so why is she picturing their children in her head? He's taller then her and she has to look up to see his face and she doesn't like it one bit – neither the face, nor the fact she can only see it by looking up.