chapter 8: fire and ice

A knock on the door distracts me from my work. I take a look at the door and hear, arguing? This can't be good! Luckily for me, all my work is almost done except for the meeting with my client.

I press the button on my remote opening the door for whoever has the need to disturb me. and once I did the door opens revealing Hannah and Noah. Noah barges in while Hanna keeps saying he can't.

Once they're both in front of my desk my gaze turns first to Hannah, she looks at me with an apologizing look. I give her a slight smile in return already saying it's no problem. "Hannah, can you leave us?" I friendly say hoping she doesn't think I'm angry or something like that.

She gives me a tight nod before leaving my office making me sign while running a hand through my hair. This should be interesting. I turn my gaze to Noah who looks at me like he observes me.

"Noah, what in the world are you doing here" I groan, and I already know my expression looks like I'm irritated, which I am. He signs stepping closer to my desk.

His eyes connect with mine searching for something, I just don't know what. "I came here to apologize, that's why I searched for you these last 9 months. I wanted to do it by your house but you surprised me by looking like that" he says making me scoff.

That isn't enough for putting me through hell and almost raping me today. "you're a little too late with that apology but if I accept it will you then leave me the fuck alone for the rest of my life" I answer with anger in my voice.

"Justin I can't do that and you know it, you're everything to me. I love you" he says frowning while leaning closer to me over my desk. He's absolutely delusional!

"you love the power you have over me. if you really loved me you wouldn't have beat me up almost every day or raped me like I was your property. For heaven's sake, you almost did it this morning" I say with pure hate.

"I always thought you did love me that's why I stayed until I had to go to therapy. My friends made me go to therapy just so I would realize what was happening right in front of my eyes." I say with tears in my eyes. I look at him angrily, actually with hate. I feel nothing else then hate.

"and once I realized what you did was wrong, I tried to speak to you and we all know how that ended. The best you can do for me is to leave and never show your face again or I have to get a restraining order that will help me to be safe" I say and one single tear leaves my eyes. I don't know why I'm emotional but I don't care either.

He nods his head while shaking it almost immediately after. "you still love me. you haven't moved on from me because you can't, you know were perfect for each other. Like fire and ice baby remember" he says making me frown.

Flashback

"I'm home honey" I hear and immediately squeal and run to the door seeing Noah in his work clothes. I smile while he smiles at me and opens his arms.

I take no time and run into them while clinging on to him. This is where I feel the safest. In his arms. Nowhere else.

"I'm so hungry is dinner ready?" he asks so I untangle myself from him and smile nodding my head.

"of course! come," I say happily leading him to where I just left. The table is made perfect. The lights are out while the candles are on, with nice pink roses on the table. Noah likes pink roses more. He never wanted to tell me why though.

"its stunning darling thank you," he says while kissing me right on the lips. I smile kissing back while my cheeks flush pink.

He pulls away cooing at me making my face heat up more. His cold hand holds my cheek bringing my head up so were face to face.