chapter 5: mister McCann

I look outside the window already loving the view. it makes me feel better, how can this place remind me so much of what happened? why can't I just move on and leave it behind me? I always say 'everything happens for a reason' it's my slogan. But I just don't see any sense in this, never did.

I sign before I see a man standing beside my table. I look up and gasp at how close he stands next to my chair.

"nice to meet you mister Carrington," he says frowning at me slightly, but he covers it up really quick. It's like I didn't even see it correctly. I stand up before shaking his hand. he shakes it back and sits in front of me looking all bossy.

he snaps his fingers and before I know it the blond lady comes back but this time she looks nervous and shakes slightly. I frown at her before turning my gaze back at mister McCann. he doesn't butch to look at her and just keeps his stare on me.

"a maitake cauliflower with white truffle and a glass of Chateau la Mission-Haut Brion Pessac Leognan grand Cru Classe de graves" he states while the girl nods her head. what? the drink he wants has a longer name than his dish!

the girl looks back at me and I see she's really nervous. what happened to the confident woman I met not even a few minutes ago?

she looks at me with a questionable look, I open my mouth but close it after immediately. How can I even order? my gaze turns to mister McCann who looks at me with a just-order-something-so-we-can-talk-look. who does he think he is? he already intimidates me and it's only been a few seconds.

"I don't want to order anything, this will not take long" I comment making the girl look at me alarmed with wide eyes. like I fucked something up.

I look back at mister McCann to see his eyes harden. ooh my...

"what do you mean mister Carrington! this is very rude you know. If it's about the price then don't worry I will pay just order. we are discussing this matter wide and take all the time in the world" he states while his eyes darken from, anger? jeez!

but I also feel very insulted, I make enough money to eat at an expensive restaurant.

"I don't have an appetite mister McCann, and I can perfectly afford something like this. thank you very much" I smile innocently. his eyes harden even more while his jaw clenches and all my self-assurance is blown away.

"I'm not saying things twice mister Carrington" he growls under his breath making my breath hitch. I look at him wide-eyed, holy s...

" a Russian kale swiss chard julienne lemongrass vinaigrette for mister Carrington with the same wine as me and hurry" he states again but this time his eyes are glued to mine with a glare, not once breaking the contact.

I think my 3 step plan is not going to be easy after all. I swallow deep before nervously glancing around me. how can someone be so rude? I look back at him and see his eyes soften slightly I think.

then the waiter comes and gives us our glasses of wine. I immediately take it and take a big amount of wine in my mouth. I need to leave this glass alone because I don't think alcohol helps with a hangover.

"so my employee, why are you suing him? I'd like to hear your side of the story" mister McCann begins. I look at him shocked. How can I explain this? he already looks angry or is it his normal stare?

"your employee was very rude. we had an encounter in the elevator and he couldn't forget the matter, otherwise, things might have turned different mister McCann" I state looking at him with my daring eyes. I dare you to intimidate me mister billionaire.

"I've heard, please continue," he says with a look that indeed intimidates me but I try hard to not show it. why is he so dominant? just then the waiter comes and fills our glasses of wine.