16 ~ dinner with them

Start from the beginning

Chaeyoung's eyes were filled with confusion while Lisa's, filled with love.

She kept staring until Lisa leaned in, her lips brushing across her own.

Suddenly Chaeyoung jolted awake. She put a hand to her lips and sighed after realizing it was only a dream.

Was she happy it was a dream? Or let down? Chaeyoung was confused.

She never dreamed.

Now, after years, she finally had one. But it was of Lisa. And not only that, but of them, together... about to kiss.

"Why?" Was all that Chaeyoung could say aloud. Why would she dream of that? She didn't like Lisa like that.

She ended up needing fresh air. Wearing a shirt and sweats of her own, she made her way outside.

As she walked, purposely away from Lisa's site, she drifted into thought.

Usually she hated the outdoors, especially after living in it, but now it felt refreshing.

It must have been close to dinner time now, and she luckily went the whole day without needing to speak to Lisa again.

But instead of feeling good about it, she felt sad.

Stopping Lisa from caring for her would end up breaking herself even more.

Chaeyoung was completely lost in thought as she mindlessly completed the loop she was on, and was now walking back towards the rest of the camp.

Until she came too and stopped dead in front of Lisa. Who had already noticed her.

Chaeyoung looked down and waited for what she
already knew was coming. Why did Lisa have to care so much?

(Lisa pov)

"Hey." Lisa said quietly as she approached Chaeyoung.

She knew she probably wasn't coming to visit, but was just walking by. Lisa hadn't seen her all day though, and she missed her.

Lisa did have a super fun time with her mother, but Chaeyoung had still been on her mind.

Especially after practically vowing to be there for her no matter what.

"I'm sorry about this morning." Lisa started. "I-uh, I kind of bombarded you with... uh... I don't know, just a lot I guess."

Lisa really didn't know what to say, she knew she had said a lot and it probably caught Chaeyoung off guard. Most people would be happy hearing what Lisa had told her.

But instead, Chae probably never had anyone tell her anything. She was probably shocked and confused.

Even now, Chaeyoung was glancing to her but keeping her head down for the most part.

"I just am a caring person, but I'm sorry, again."

Chaeyoung looked up to her and gave a small smile. A very small one. But it was still a smile.

"Come sit with us?" Lisa asked putting her hand out. She watched as Chaeyoung shook her head no.

"Please. I missed you and my Mom wants to see you." Lisa gave her a warm smile.

Chaeyoung reluctantly reached out and took Lisa's hand. "It will be okay, I promise." Lisa assured her as they walked into her campsite.

"Chaeyoung!" Ami said happily. She got out from behind the table and went to her. Giving her a quick hug.

"How are you dear?"

"Okay."

Lisa walked over to the food her mom was preparing and continued it herself as she listened to them talk.

Chaeyoung and her mom had sat at the table across from her.

"I'm glad you're doing okay." Ami started. "I was upset that I couldn't say goodbye to you at the hospital, but Lisa assured me you've been doing well. I must say, I'm really glad you two are now friends."

Lisa smiled at her mom as she watched Chaeyoung nod with a smile on her face. They both caught glimpses of each other's eyes and lightly blushed.

"You're going to eat dinner with us tonight right?" Ami asked curiously. "Please say yes. Lisa can be too much sometimes."

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?!" Lisa whined.

"It means having some other company than my overly bubbly daughter would be nice." Ami teased her.

Chaeyoung slowly shook her head yes and Ami gave her hand a squeeze.

It didn't take too long for Lisa and Ami to tag team until the dinner was finished. Chaeyoung just watched them, but Lisa could tell she was nervous.

Chae kept looking over her shoulder every now and then. Lisa had an idea. She went into their tent and came out with a blanket.

She went over to Chaeyoung who was looking at her curiously. "I know it's not really cold out, but here." Lisa wrapped the blanket around her and pulled it high up to her head.

"It will make you less noticeable to him." She whispered to her. Chaeyoung nodded.

"Thanks."

"Mhm." Lisa then went back to her mother.

"What was that about?" Ami whispered to Lisa as they had their backs turned to Chaeyoung. Unplugging their stove and collecting the plates for dinner.

"Remember how I told you I saw that man holding on to Chaeyoung's wrist?"

"Yes."

"Well she's scared he'll see her here. He told her to never speak to us again remember?"

"I still can't believe he would say that. He seemed so nice."

"I know. But hopefully with it being dark and her in the blanket, he won't see her."

With that they both turned back to Chae and began pouring their food.

Lisa sat next to Chaeyoung, who happened to pull the blanket over her as well. Even though it was such a small thing for Chaeyoung to do it made Lisa happy.

They ate and talked about school or Ami's work between bites.

Leaving home life out of their topics, seeing how Chaeyoung lived in that trailer Lisa had followed her to last night.

During some point of their dinner, they heard a door open and close, not thinking too much on it.

Lisa soon regretted not questioning it, as the sound of footsteps slowly approached them.