Going home

Im so sorry it's taken so long, I've been rather busy with family, and with schooling. But, I'm rather proud of this chapter, because it took a lot for me to sit down and write it. Hope y'all are doing great!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked down the corridor to the galley, I heard laughter coming from it. It seemed like everyone got there already, so I decided to listen to what they must be laughing about before going in and interrupting.

"That's when I walked into her room and noticed she wasn't there, nearly had a freak out she'd run off, so I walk over to wake rabbit here up and see if he know where she is, and they cuddling up together all comfy!" I heard Noah say, through bursts of laughter, and grunts of protest from Benjamin, who obviously didn't appreciate talking about it. The room was erupting in laughter, so I decided it was now or never that I walked in.

I puffed out my chest a little and walked in, and raised an eyebrow at their amused faces. Benjamin was a deep shade of red, and the rest of them seemed to be on the edge of passing out from laughing.

"I'm sorry, they wouldn't shut up" Benjamin said, looking no where in particular.

"Bloody hell lass you've made him attached to you, guess we can't get rid of you now then" Mathew you pipped in, which caused them to laugh again, and even I giggled a little. Eventually everyone calmed down, and I sat down across from Mathew and rabbit.

"So what's the plan for today? Are we gonna go get my stuff? I must say I've been in these clothes for way to long" i said.

"Alright, well we docked back on land during the night, same place as before don't worry, so how about you me and rabbit here go get your clothes" Mathew said, grinning.

I sighed, and decided that's the best I would get.

"It's gonna be cold, so you can have one of my jackets if you'd like" rabbit added, smiling briefly at me
I nodded and mumbled a thanks, then headed off the get ready.

Once we got outside, I realised it really was cold, and thanked rabbit for the jacket once more.

"It's alright, you can keep it if you want, it doesn't fit me any more" he replied. Which made Mathew laugh, and he shook his head slightly at us.

I remembered the way even though we had run fill speed to get there, and once we arrived at my house, I realised we'd managed it so that we missed my mother's shift and my sister being at school, but then it dawned on me. Thanks to my outburst, it's likely my mother would be shipped away, and so will my sister. The thought made me sick to my stomach, and I struggled to unlock the door without shuddering.

"Are you alright?" Mathew asked, concerned at my behaviour.

"Yea just... well, it's obvious no one else has been home since I left, and I realised my mother and sister have probably been shipped to somewhere new, away from each other, because of how I acted" i said shakily. Mathew gave me a concerned look, and rabbit placed a reassuring hand on my forearm.

I took a deep breath and walked in, and nearly cried out at the state of the house. It was obvious the patrol had been through, probably looking for me.

The furniture was thrown all over the place, and a few glasses were smashed in the kitchen, the house looked completely ransacked. The dining table was flipped on its side, and the couch layed torn apart. The tv had a large crack in the screen, and was buzzing. As I looked to the kitchen, the cup puffs were mostly open, with a few completely torn off the hinges, plates smashed all over the place.

I felt myself whimper slightly, but when a warm hand reached forward for my shoulder, shrugged it off and walked towards my room with my head hung low. I didn't think the other two were following, and I was glad. I didn't want them to see me burst out in tears at the sight of my home. I steeled myself, and stepped into my room. The window that I used to gaze out of was covered in smudges, the wall had a big dint in it, and my sisters bed was flipped onto its side. I walked to the drawers and the closet, grabbed my duffel bag from under my bed and started packing clothes. Once my clothes were packed, I looked around what was once my room, and my eyes were drawn to a picture on my drawers. It held a picture of my entire family.

My father, my mother, my sister and I, looking happy and content. I remembered that photo was taken just before my father had to be killed. I figured I should keep one thing of my life, so I placed it in the duffel bag carefully. Sighing as I got up, my eyes went wide when I noticed rabbit was staring at me from the door way. He quickly looked away when he noticed he'd been caught, then mumbled something about having to go soon. I nodded, and we headed back to the ship.

The walk felt longer on the way back, and my bag felt heavier the further we walked. I kept feeling as though we were being followed, but by the looks of the other two, it seemed that they had the same idea.

Eventually, they turned into a path I hadn't seen before, and when I raised a questioning eyebrow, Mathew responded with a weary look that told me to just stay quiet. When I heard something crunch behind me, I instantly spun around, tensed up, but to my surprise there was nothing but a small boy.

"'ello there little fella, what can we help you with" I heard Mathew say from behind me, as I kept a weary eye on the child. He looked familiar, but I couldn't really place him. Something about him unsettled me, so I decided to stay on my guard.

The child looked around, then behind him, then finished by looking down almost ashamed like. Then it hit me, I realised why he looked so strange.
"You were at school with my sister weren't you" I said, regretting the tremble in my voice. The boy nodded, then he looked up quickly, seeming to search my face, but in an instant he looked down again, going back to his former position.

"What do you want" I persisted, and the boy looked up this time, surprised.

"I heard what she was saying about you, that you had some sort of power! And then I saw you, and I wondered if maybe it was true..?" The boy said, then looked down and mumbled something.

"You shouldn't have hear about that. And what was that last part" I said, slowly feeling my voice grow stronger.

"I. I wanted to- to knowwhathappenedtoher" he said in a rush, then blushed. "I'm sorry, I just, she was really nice, and I was just wondering if she was okay?"

I nodded, and wondered what to tell him. The thought that my sister was most likely very not okay brought tears into my eyes, and I felt my knees start to go weak.

"Her sister is fine. Their family has been transported to a new town, in request from their mother." Benjamin said coolly, placing a hand on my shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. "We were just picking up the last of their stuff, so that the moving trucks can come in and clear the house out"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Alright, well food luck at your new home" he said, and then he promptly turned around, and started walking in the other direction. I watched him the whole way, confused at the interaction, still a little weak after the thought of my sister. I felt my bag being lifted off my shoulder, and I slowly sunk to my knees, staring at the ground.

I heard the other two murmerring behind me, and I paid very little attention, because right now all I felt like doing was screaming and crying, and finding my family again. But for some reason, no tears left my eyes, and my lips stayed slightly open, but with no sound escaping them. Why the hell cant I cry? What's going on? I thought to myself. Eventually, I felt a pair of arms lift me up, and start carrying me bridal style. I just simply nuzzled towards them, feeling glad for the warmth and comfort. Whatever's wrong, I'll figure out soon. Was my last thought, before I felt myself start to drift off.