New friends

The inside of the ship was just a beautiful as the outside, with royal blue carpets on the floor, and the dark wood continuing on the walls. The roof had a trimmed cornice, and the same dark timber. The man caught me admiring the ship and gave a small chuckle, but we reached where we seemed to be going, as the boy opened the door I saw a bed and a dresser, and I instantly got scared, thinking I had fallen into some sort of trap.

The boy seemed to notice me tense up, and he quickly said "this will be your room for now, don't worry. Just thought you might want to clean up before meeting everyone. I'll just wait outside and you do what you need to do, then I'll take you to meet everyone"
I relaxed, and nodded slowly. I walked in, studying my new room. The bed was a double, with blue sheets the same colour as the carpet, with the same walls as the rest of the ship. The dresser was just a simple few drawers and a small mirror on top. I noticed how crazy I looked and quickly fixed my hair.

I heard the door shut and I quickly looked for a different shirt, but alas there were no clothes in the room. I gave up and hoped they would understand.

I walked out, feeling a little less nervous now that it was just me and the boy.

"I'm Benjamin. You can call me Ben, or rabbit as everyone else does." He said, flashing me a quick smile.

"I'm Clara, nice to meet you"

"Good name. Have to get you a nickname soon though, alright well we're just gonna was to the kitchen now and meet everyone."

We walked a little while and then stepped into a room with a long table, with stools on both sides, a kitchen at the back and a few new faces around the room. I saw the man and gave a quick smile.

"Alright well, this is the girl I was telling you about. Please be nice everyone, she's a bit shy and she probably has a lot of questions about what's going on-" the old man started, but was cut off by a lady who came up and gave me a big hug. She looked around the same age as the man, and seemed very happy and strong.

"I'm so sorry this has happened to you love" she said when she finally let go. Flashing her a smile she stepped back.

"As I was saying, let's introduce ourselves. That was Alice, she's my wife, and she's also the caption of the ship. I'm Mathew, I work the engines and keep most of it running, with a little help from rabbit here. I'm sure he introduced himself by now." He said with a smile, then brought my attention to another figure at the back of the room, who stepped forward. "And this is Noah. He cooks and cleans, keeps this place running really. Now everyone please just be nice to her, and give her space" he said, ending the sentence shooting Alice an amused look.

"Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you welcoming me into here. I'm sorry about this."

My words were met with a response of them all laughing and saying it's not a problem, and that in truth they're the ones who practically stole me from the authorities.

I smiled and stood in silence for a minute, before realising the question of come to ask.

"What am I?"