A Savior

Sorry this ones so short. I'm working on a lot of stuff, and most of them will probably be this short unfortunately, but I like how the story is going so far, I really hope everyone's enjoying it! Enjoy the chapter :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes looked behind me, and I skidded to a stop. When I saw the familiar face, I felt my jaw drop.

"I knew it. I could tell you're like me." He said with a small smile on his face.

"Oh my god it's you- wha- how- what am I?"

"Look, all will be explained soon, but you have to come with me, the authorities are coming for both of us now that we've given the public such a show. Please, I promise you can trust me, I know it's hard, but me and my wife can protect you until it's safe for you to go home and say goodbye, and grab some things."

"What do you mean say goodbye? I'm not leaving. You can look after me until I can go home, but I can't leave her"

"Trust me kiddo. You have too. It's gonna be hard, but you can't stay now that you've reached such a high level of power. You could end up hurting people if you don't learn to control yourself. Me and my wife are like you. Look just come with me, we'll explain everything and then you can decide what you'd like to do."

I nodded and he grabbed my wrist and started sprinting as fast as possible when he heard the shouts of the patrol, we ran out the back and eventually made it to the ship dock after about ten minutes of running. I'd only ever been here twice before, and each time it took at least an hour by car. He was only slightly faster than me, but he seemed very surprised I could run as fast as I could.

"Come, I'll introduce you to my family, and you'll need to... get your mind under control."

I simply nodded, and understood he must know better than I did.
As we walked into one of the boats, I noticed how beautiful it really was. The closer it got, the more it stuck out. The dark wood of its hull matched the timber used for the top deck, and a small station stood on the top. The boat seemed bigger than the average trader boat, which gave me the thought that it was made to house things needing more space. As we climbed onto the top deck, a tall boy walked out of the small enclosed space on the roof.

"Who's this" he said suspiciously to the man, and looked me up and down. I felt myself blush at the state of me, realising I probably looked a mess with a now ripped up shirt from my wings, my eyes red and puffy and my hair all over the place.

"She's a new crew member for a bit. We need to protect her for the time being. She's like us"

The boy nodded and made eye contact. His eyes where serious, and made me feel like he tried to show dominance. I stood up tall and looked him in the eyes back, making sure not to fall to the bottom of the pack. This seemed to make him soften a bit, and a small smile slipped into his face.

"She's like us alright, let's get you inside and get ready to introduce your to everyone" he said as he motioned for me to follow him