Chapter 3

Hi everyone, I'm going to try and post once a day for every chapter for awhile, but once I really get into the story it may become harder for me to write chapters in only a day. I hope y'all are liking it so far and expect it to get more interesting soon :). Not sure what to call this one, will figure it out later ahaha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I held back a scream as arms quickly wrapped around me, and only relaxed when I realised who it was.

"Mum, what the hell are you doing here? I told you not to come back here"

"I'm sorry Clara, I didn't have a choice-"

"What is it you want this time? More money? Someone for you and a new boyfriend to sleep over? You want to steal our food? What do you want?" I said coldy, shrugging her off of me, and when saw her face drop, and her eyes flashed something that looked like pain. No, it was regret, but I didn't feel bad.

"I don't need anything.... it's Kiera. She's gone. The school said a patrol came and picked her up, saying they needed to talk. She didn't go back to class for the rest of the day, so they think the patrol took her" she said, close to tears.

I felt like the world was spinning. I felt tears pricking in my eyes, and I fell to my knees, trying to make sense of the situation. If the patrol took Kiera, there's a good chance she won't ever be coming back.

"Order some food for yourself" I said shakily "I'm not hungry now so don't bother getting anything for me" and I quickly walked to my room.

As soon as I closed the door the tears started streaming down my face, and I buried my head into my pillow, praying my mother wouldn't hear the sobs.

Crying made me feel weak, like I no longer had any power over my
emotions, but I simply let it out. I must have fallen asleep somehow, because I woke up in the morning at sometime, and slowly slumped to the kitchen. Today I was going to have to go to the station, and see what was going to happen to her. Likely I would never see her again. But sometimes they make mistakes.

'She did nothing wrong. The only thing it could be was if they needed her fir interrogation about someone else. Or maybe they had a job offer for her.' I knew that if it was something like that, they would've told us already. But I didn't think about that, simply convinced myself it would be fine as I quickly texted my boss that I wouldn't be in for work today.

I placed some bread into the toaster and grabbed out the ham and butter, waiting for it to cook. Drowsily my mother walked in, and she hugged me and sat down at the bench.

"I'm sorry. I know I've been terrible to you and your sister lately, I understand if you can't forgive me, but please for Kiera's sake can you try?" She said, looking into my eyes. I noticed the emotions on her face. She looked sincere, but also she seemed to be sad and upset.

I nodded slowly about to say something when the pop of the toaster distracted me. Handing her some toast, I sat down and nibbles on my own.

"Today will be rather difficult. It could go very badly. You have to promise you won't leave if it goes badly. Please" I said quietly, for a moment wondering if she even heard me. I was surprised when I felt her wrap an harm around my shoulders, and she simply smiled and laughed "of course I'll stay this time. I promise I won't leave again, wether this goes good or bad. I'm sorry"