Clara

Hi guys! This is the second chapter, I know it's all a bit confusing but this chapter is made a few years after the war had ended and they had successfully separated everyone, but that will all make sense later on in the story! I hope it's not too confusing, but this is probably around 40 years later, so please don't feel too confused!
Anyways, enjoy your reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun light streamed into the room through the small window, and I basked in its warmth, slowly waking up. Just as my eye where about to flutter open I heard a groan from the other side of the room, where my sister must still be sleeping. 'Always sleeping in' I smiled to myself, and checked the clock next to me

"Shit" I muttered as I realised I was going to be late for work again. 'Clara you need to get up' I thought to myself. Quickly I walked to the bathroom and cleaned myself up a little, dressing into my uniform.

Tying my blonde hair into a pony tail and glancing at myself in the mirror. My eyes swept over my features, my freckles, my light blue eyes, my skinny lips and smiled to myself, I looked okay today, my dark circles seemed to be less noticeable.

I left a note on the counter to my sister telling her to have a good day at school and that I'd be back later than her, and slipped out the door.

The light outside hit me harsh, and I noticed that the weather was much warmer then expected, and people wondered around the streets and waving at each other. I nodded at an elderly couple walking their animals down the street as I walked to the community Rec store.

I hoped I would get to the counter unnoticed, but managed to escape with a harsh look from my boss, who rolled her eyes and simply said "hurry up Clara please, try not to be late again" and sighed. I nodded and flashed an apologetic smile to which she waved off.

The normal people entered the store and all seemed average till around 12, when a man I hadn't seen before wondered through the door. He had dark brown short hair, and seemed to be around 55. He wore the average clothes, but something seemed different about him. He walked over to the boating section, and then the ropes, ending his search at the snack aisle.
By the time he got to the counter he had been there for around an hour, and he smiled warmly as he walked towards me. His eyes where deep brown, and his face looked as if it was starting to wilt with wrinkles spotted around the place. "Just these then?" I asked, and he nodded with a smile.

"Where are you from?" I asked politely, curious why this stranger was so different.

"Pisces, I'm a trader" he replied. It made sense, and explained why he seemed different. But he wasn't the first trader I'd met here, and he seemed different from them as well, like he was treading lightly, trying slightly too hard to fit in. I brushed it off and decided to just focus on getting through the day.

As soon as my shift ended I picked up food from the grocers to make dinner and headed home.

It was getting darker, and I worried that Kiera would soon start looking for me or call me. Rushing home I nearly didn't notice how dark the house was, usually Kiera would leave the porch light on for me and would have all the lights on in the house, as she was terrified of the dark.

I slowly approached the house, and noticed the door was slightly ajar. That's when I saw a flicker of movement, and instantly ducked down lower to the ground, to make it harder to see me. I knew it wasn't my sister, for this shape was far to big to be her, and I slowly crept towards the door.
"CLARA!"