THÎRTŸ-ÑÏŃÈ : ÔTHÊR WÀŸ

Chapter Thirty-Nine : Other Way

"What were you guys thinking?" Jonah asked as he put bandaids on Leanna.

"You could've been suspended, or worse expelled!" Corbyn continued as he patted blood off of Alexis.

"But you guys get into fights all the time." Alexis countered.

"That's different, we do it because we have to." Jack argued as he finished with Roselyn, "I don't wanna help you after a fight, it should be you helping me, ma."

Zach wrapped Carla's fingers in bandages, "Please don't get into a fight again, Carla."

"Like Alexis said, you guys get into fights all the time." She scoffed.

"Like Jack said, it's different." Zach answered. He put his hand on her face, "Look at me."

Carla couldn't look at him in the eyes, "I am."

"You're looking at my face, look in my eyes." Zach demanded.

Carla finally looked at his eyes. She saw hurt, "What?"

"Please never get into a fight. I can't stand to put these bandages on you, it hurts for me too, Carla. I love you too much to do this, I can't stand the sight of you getting hurt." Zach's eyes filled with tears. Here comes the water works.

"Hey, please don't cry." Carla wiped a tear from Zach's rosy cheeks, "I'm sorry I got into a fight. They were just talking and talking shit, I just couldn't take it anymore."

"Carla, I understand that, but learn to control yourself." Zach begged.

"What about you? You get mad when a guy calls me a bitch."

"Because you're a lady, ladies aren't suppose to be treated like that." Zach answered, "Baby girl, it's too hard for me to do this, you mean too much to me."

"You mean way too much to me, Zach." Carla cupped his cheek, "It's harder for me to help you after your fights. There is blood and scars, it's way too hard."

"I understand that, but we have our deal, and I think that should apply to you, too." Zach suggested.

Carla nodded her head, "Then it's a deal."

Zach smiled and held his arms out, "Hug?"

Carla playfully rolled her eyes before she came into the hug. The smell of Zach's cologne filled her nose. She felt safe and comfortable around Zach. What was Zach doing to Carla?