THÎRTŸ-FÔÛR : ÑÖT HÈRÉ

Chapter Thirty-Four : Not Here

"I'm sorry for what the boys did to you guys." Carla apologized, "They just get overprotective."

"It's okay, baby girl." Jayden smirked.

Carla's smile faded. Zach was the only guy who called her baby girl, it doesn't feel right when Jayden said it. Part of her was saying go back to her lunch table, the other part was saying stay because Zach used you for a bet.

"You can't call her that."

Carla turned around and saw Zach. His eyes glaring down at Jayden. Carla gasped but she covered it up by saying, "Go Zach."

"Stay outta this." Zach said, not even looking at Carla, "Ever since you think she's yours, let's do this man to man."

Jayden laughed as he stood up, Zach's a few inches taller than him, but he did intimidate Carla.

"Oh, so you're fighting for her?" Jayden laughed as he pointed at Carla.

The lunch room fell silent, Zach's friends knew what was about to happen. Zach was going to fight Jayden.

"Zach, just drop it." Carla whispered.

"No, baby girl, let's see little boy Zach will do anything." Jayden smirked.

Zach chuckled dryly and looked around, acting like he was coming up with a comeback, but really, he punched Jayden in the face.

"Motherfucker!" Jayden shouted as he held his nose.

"Zach stop!" Carla stood up and went in between Zach and Jayden. Carla looked in Zach's eyes, they had fire in them, "Zach look at me, look at me." Zach's face was red from anger, but he listened. Zach looked into Carla's brown eyes. He saw forgiveness, but he also saw fear. His face softened, "Don't worry about Jayden, Zach. Just look at me, everything's okay, we're okay."

Jayden held his nose, "Yeah, your bitch has to stand up for you."

Carla furrowed her eyebrows, she turned around and gave Jayden a confused look, "What did you say?"

Jayden smirked, "Right, you're my bitch."

Carla smacked him, she heard Zach laughed and oh'ed, "Actually, I'm no one's bitch."

The lunchroom irrupted into laughter. One of the baddest guys in school, got bitch slapped by a small girl. Zach did have an effect on her, she rubbed off him, he rubbed off her.

Zach wrapped his arms around Carla from behind, "I'm sorry."

Carla didn't say a word and walked away. Zach's arms fell to his side and he watched her walk to her normal lunch table. Zach followed and sat down.

"See, I didn't fight him." Zach whispered into Carla's ear.

She rolled her eyes and whispered back, "But you did hit him."

"So did you."

"That's different."

"No, not really."

"But you made me a promise, you wouldn't start fights."

"But is said if he hits me first, or if he talks about you, I'm beating the shit outta him. And what did he do? He was talking about you."

"I hate you sometimes."

"I love you all the time."