Chapter 30 - Unexpected

Damon's POV

I've waited till the next day and the doctors finally came out through the door running. I jumped from my seat and began to talk but they passed me in a hurry. Then I saw a nurse coming out looking sad and I approached her before she could pass me too.

"Excuse me. Is my Dad okay?" I asked searching her eyes for a quicker answer.

"Yes. They stabilized him, he was on the edge of dying. He had lung cancer but for what I heard they made a very dangerous surgery and removed the cancer from his body." What? Our Dad was sick? Was he hiding it? My thoughts filled the complete silence that the dark hospital corridors had. And before I could explode from so much overthinking another nurse came out and gave me a signal that I can go in and see him.

He was so pathetic, laying on the bed. Our Dad, the one who always thought he was immortal or some shit.

"What do you want?" He said and laid on the other side so he could have his back facing me.

"Did you know? That you had cancer?" I asked and sat on the chair beside him.

"Of course I knew you dipshit." He said and laughed like this was some kind of joke to him.

"I wanted to say that I thought about it and I am quitting Evans Business Enterprises. I want to be independent and have my own business." I said and stood up, then I saw him quickly changing his pose, having his face staring at mine.

"Why? Who is going to take your place?" He said in a frightened voice. Just like how he likes his women, he likes his sons too. If they don't bring him any profit they are worthless. I thought deeply about it and I am sure I don't want to have any contact with my Dad anymore. This is the last time I want to see him in this hospital and I want him to remember I brought him there, unlike him when I was little and I was sick he always told me he doesn't care. That's how I left the hospital without an answer to his stupid questions.

———————————————————————————

Rose's POV

I opened the door of my dorm and the moment I closed it I started to jump from excitement. I have the hottest boyfriend in the world! I can't wait to tell Cath and Bella, they will freak out like I did or maybe they won't believe me. I ran into Bella's room scaring the life out of her and I started to jump around her like a little kid who just received a lollipop.

"What's going on?" She asked, leaving her room and sitting on the couch.

"I may have a new boyfriend

"I may have a new boyfriend." I said and giggled, making her eyes pop out.

"Whaaat? Tell me everything!" She pushed my shoulder lightly and giggled then the door opened and Cath barged in with smudged mascara all over her face. She had been crying and it was noticeable from miles. I quickly ran over to her.