Chapter 5 - Fake

As we drove to where I assumed we were going - the frat house, no one said anything as per usual. I checked my makeup in the little mirror that comes down from the ceiling of the car and I felt Parker's eyes gazing over at me from time to time. I reminded myself to send a message to Bella and Cath to tell them that I was going somewhere and will tell them everything after I return.

Parker seemed bothered by something and the strangest part was why did it have to do something with exactly me? We quickly got out of the car and went straight into his room. He was nervously doing circles around the room, what it seemed he was doing was to find the right words to tell me what the fuck was going on.

"Listen don't get confused of what I'm about to ask of you. But we have to do it no matter how much we might dislike it." he said after sitting on his bed and placing his hands on his head. Whattt? I am so confused.

" You are beginning to scare me now." I said sitting on the bed too.

"Look I know how this sounds but we have to pretend we are dating." He said, removing his hands from his head and turning his head towards me.

" He said, removing his hands from his head and turning his head towards me

"What? Is this some kind of joke?" I asked half laughing half serious. Because I didn't know exactly what was going on.

"Listen I don't expect you to do this favor for me. And I know we don't exactly like each other but somehow believe me this is serious. I know it must be hard to believe me without me telling you anything but I'll tell you everything after you think about it." He said smiling. Cool. Fake relationship was the last thing I wanted in my life. At first my answer was clear-an absolute NO. But I will have to tell Cath and Bella and think of it more extensively.

"Ugh can my life get any worse? And I don't understand why you chose me to be your secret fake girlfriend. I don't promise anything but I will think about it." I said exiting the room and going downstairs right into his car. He hastily followed me and drove me back to my dorm again, without a word said between us throughout the whole ride.

As I was climbing up the stairs to my dorm I started to think about this proposal. Was this real? What kind of situation involved fake relationship between two people who barely even know anything about each other, besides their names and where they live. My thoughts lead me to my dorm and without realizing I was standing outside just thinking. I went inside and saw Bella and Cath sitting on the bed, waiting for me.

"Rose what happened? Is everything alright?" said Bella and stood up to give me a warming hug. Her concern grew as I told her to sit and I started to explain everything that had happened. Immediately without a doubt Cath advised me to say yes right away. But Bella seemed suspicious about the whole situation. Cath thought it was because Parker liked me and wanted to just make it more interesting. But me and Bella knew it wasn't this simple.

Three days pass..

I haven't heard from Parker these days and he wasn't coming to business class. Should I be worried? I haven't seen Luke and the twins since then too. What the hell was happening? Maybe I should be relieved. Maybe he forgot about it or it was just some prank. But I couldn't stop thinking about it no matter how hard I tried to.

I got out of my last class of the day and headed down the hallway. Everything was peaceful these days without drama and boys. The second this thought brushed through my mind I felt that I was being dragged into a small gap between two walls.

"Rose, hey. Did you thought about my proposal?" said Parker as I looked at him with my eyes almost popping out of my head. He scared the life out of me.

"It depends. Tell me what's going on first." I said almost not wanting to know what was going on.

"I guess it's fair enough. Well it's kind of complicated but shortly- Amanda hates your guts and she hired some really bad guys to hurt you physically and I told them they cannot hurt you because you're my girlfriend. This was my only choice because they will probably kill you if i told them you were only my friend because they wouldn't care less." He explained everything briefly but that didn't help me understand the situation any better.

"Why wouldn't they care if I was your friend but they care if you said I was your girlfriend?" I was very confused at this stage but I guess fake boyfriend was the better option from the other one - to be in hospital.

"This is kind of personal. And I'm not only saving you but saving myself as well because she said some shit to her father, who is now hunting me down for not being Amanda's boyfriend. If I have a girlfriend that would be my excuse to Amanda's father." He said, now calmer than before. Why the hell does he even need an excuse for why he doesn't want to be with Amanda?

"Okay but why exactly me?" I asked, crossing my hands in disbelief of what was happening. I was now realizing how crazy this bitch was. Bella told me but it was too late then. We both sat there thinking for a while.

 We both sat there thinking for a while

"Okay" I mumble

"Okay" I mumble. "And what's your plan?" I asked because not only I never had a boyfriend but I also never seemed to have the time since I studied hard and gossiped with my best friends. I basically lived through their experiences.
This could be fun and I can't wait to see the face of that little snitch Amanda when she sees us together.

"The plan is that we have to make it seem real. And no side boys because this can ruin everything." He said looking at me like he thought I can't resist boys.

"When do we start this fake love then?" I asked with my full right. I want to be prepared at least.

"Tomorrow and be ready to be with me almost all the time." He said and this sentence annoyed him the same amount as it annoyed me. Ugh. Me in a fake relationship with the hottest boy in college? It doesn't sound too bad but it might be.