Epilogue

I guess this book needs a closure!

Two years later

Shivaay's POV

I pressed hard the brake pedal, since my series of thoughts made me cross my destination few metres back. Killing the engine of my car, I got down the car and rushed to the back window. I peeped in and saw my daughter sitting inside reciting the poem she learnt in the school.

Me : Mishu baby, stay inside the car okay. Dadda will come back in few mins.

Mishi : Okay dadda!

Me : Promise me you won't get down.

She held the little pinky finger in front of her.

Mishi : Pinky promise!

I smiled and entwined my pinky finger with her and repeated back her words. Nodding to her, I ensured that the car is locked and walked towards the gate.

I clutched tight the flower I had in my hand. They were Annika's favourite. When I got to know that sunflower were her favourite, I questioned her 'why?' Since not most of the people appreciate this flower as they do for lilies and roses.

That time she said "When no one is ready to face the day hectic day, face new problems getting an entry ticket into their lives, sunflower is the only being which welcomes sun happily and thank it for the new day.

I always feel like I'm the sunflower and you are my sun, Shivaay. For me then, it feels like we are connected through nature. You revolve around me and shine bright just for me. I'm that sunflower turning around to face you cause I can't risk to loose sight and when you are not besides me, my condition is also same as the sunflower after sunset"

Talking to her once in a week is the only thing that keeps me sane. I shoved my hand in my coat's pocket to check whether I brought the letter I wrote for her.

Pushing open the gate, I kept walking inside until I saw her her name, engraved on the white gravestone.

Annika Murthy Oberoi
A lovable sister, daughter, mother and a perfect wife.

My soul rests in you Shivaay!

I smiled reading it. Today, it has been one year, seven days and fourteen hours after her death!

Two years before, she underwent that surgery which turned futile and doctor informed us that she could hardly be alive for a year.

When we got to know that, the whole family was broken, but my Annika wasn't instead she said "I still have a year, abhi are kyun matam mana rahe ho? Instead you'll should plan to make my last year, most amazing and full of memories I could take with me."

I sat down besides her grave. It was her wish that she should be buried instead of burnt so that anyone could come, sit besides her and talk to her. She will listen to everyone.

I started "Hi Darling!" I paused for a moment thinking what she would have asked! "Yeah, I'm doing well and everyone are fine."

I smiled remembering one night she questioned me something when we she was sleeping in my arms. She asked me that will I cry when she'll die. For that I nodded in yes. Then she asked why will I cry? I answered that she'll be leaving me alone and I'm incomplete without her. I said the she is my oxygen and after her death it will be hard for me to breath.

When she heard this, she got out of my arms and asked "where am I going? Up above the world in the hell or heaven. But Darling you said that I live in your heart na? Then how can I leave you. Shivaay I know that accepting my death will be hard for you. You be crying for a number of days. But always remember that more then me, there is a family and your daughter who needs you the most.

I'm not saying that stay strong for them. Cause, it will be like forcing you. I just want you to feel strong from inside, thinking that I'm somewhere here, observing you like a CCTV camera. After become an aatma, I could follow you everywhere, you heard, everywhere. And, haan, I don't like that Rotlu Singh Oberoi with red eyes. I like your ganjji aankhen not that gulaal jaise laal laal one, which makes me feel michmichi!

I want you to dig me instead of burning so that people could come and sit besides me, especially you. I also want you to there a letter box. People would right letters for me. Interesting na!"

I tried stopping her but she roared and I kept quite. She continued "Whenever you are confused, call me out and keep you hand on your heart. You'll get your answer. And if you dont then treat your ears cause they don't hear properly. They might be defected!"

"Defected? Seriously Annika?"

"Acha, chodo! You got my point na. I don't like it when you are sad, upset. I want to be the reason of your smile Shivaay. And if you'll cry then I'll feel like I did a sin."

Coming back to the present, I dropped the letter of this week in the letter box and placed the sunflower on her grave.

"Annika, yesterday we got a good news. Prinku is pregnant. And she just prays the baby to be a girl, your incarnation."

I also told her how Gauri and Omkara decided not to have babies. They said that they'll help me and Mallika to raise our daughters, since we both have responsibilities of India's top leading industries.

Rudra and Bhavya are still confused about their feelings for each other but they'll figure out soon. Harshad and Nandini got married for the sake of their baby girl while Annika was alive. I could say that we played a pretty of role of being a cupid.

"Annika, you know, our Mishi baby today recited a poem on 'My Parents' which Gauri helped her with. I just want to say that I got more credit than you. Mishi said that now I'm her Mumma and Pappa and she loves both of us. Anni, Mishi misses you a lot. But she is an understanding kid."

I slightly moved my hands over the gravestone as if my Annika could feel it. I know that she might be sitting in front of me somewhere, taunting me that I took away her limelight! She might be face palming saying "Haai mere pyaare billuji"

I repeated the same speech I'm giving to her from last year that how I broke down after her death, how I the brought together my broken pieces of heart and joined it. Cracks might be there but it is healing knowing that she is inside it and my daughter is besides me. I told the how I got hold of myself and whole family and as per her wish is kept the family happy and cheerful.

Family is coordinating so well. That day Raj Murthy told that Family is a fake word. But today, if he was alive, then I would have proved him and true family exists in this selfish world. Where everyone live for each other.

"You know Annika, Mishi has got too much of your traits. Yesterday, I saw her throwing water on Prisha. Well I scolded her bit to behave with the one elder to her but in reality is was so much surprised. She was just mini Annika no no mini Panika"

I glanced at my watch and saw that is was my time to leave. I got up and walked towards the get. When is turned back, I saw that sunflower facing me when I kept it in the opposite direction.

'I'm the sunflower and you are my sun, Shivaay.' Her voice ringed in my ears. I saw that her last words which I engraved on the gravestone shining brightly.

My soul rests in you Shivaay!

*_*_*_*_*_*

No words!

Aruvi

Thanks...for being with me (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें