Chapter 37

Next Morning,

Shivika were standing in front of Nandini's apartment. Both were hesitating to knock. At last Shivaay knocked.

Annika's POV

The door opened. There Nandini was standing in front of me. I can't even explain in what a situation I am. Tears brimmed up my eyes. She smiled at Shivaay and he also smiled at return. I was just standing without knowing what to do. Both of us were staring each other. I thought to break the walls between us and engulfed her in a tight hug which she also reprocated. Still hugging she said

Nan : I'm sorry.

Tears brust out from our eyes. Breaking the hug she gestured us to get inside her apartment. We went in. Me and shivaay settled on the sofa.

Nan : Coffee?

Shiv : Year sure!

She exited to the kitchen. I eventually started admiring her apartment. She was always fond of decorating her room or house. Her apartment had a big living room. A classy kitchen at the left. Two bedrooms at the right and a balcony just at the left end of the living room.

Nandini came with 3 cups of coffee. She sat on the single sofa beside us.

Me : That letter..

Nan : Actually what happened is...

Me : We know what happened.

She wasn't shocked. Seeing her expression I was shocked.

Me : You aren't shockingly or surprise?

Nan : Nahi, kyunki agar tumhe kuch pata nahi hota toh tum yaha nahi aati. Jawaab dhundte hue.

Shit! She misunderstood us. How will things be perfect between us after what all happened?

Shiv : You are misunderstanding us Nandini.

Nan : I'm not accusing you'll Shivaay.

She mumbled Cause I'm the one to be accused." I guessed she didn't want us to hear her.

Anni : I need answers Nandini! Mujhe jawab chahiye ki tumne aisa Kyun kiya.

I know that I'm being rude. But I needed answers. She was about to speak when the doorbell rang. She got up and walked over to the door and opened. I couldn't see that who was at the door but I'm sure that the person was someone unexpected. She was shocked.

Shiv : Who is at the door Nandini?

Person : Me.

He came in and it was now our turn to be shocked. Harshad!

Shiv : Harshad tum yaha kaise?

Har : I followed you two. Can I come in.

Nan : Hmm!

POV ended

Four of them settled.

Shiv : Nandini that....

Anni : Jalebi na banate hue seedhe main apna jawaab mang rahi hun Nandini.

(Jalebi na banana-- baatein gol-gol na ghumana.
Annika's language)

Nan : (to Annika) You know that what happened three months before Shreeja' death. I mean between me and Harshad. That time I never admitted but I was in love with Harshad. I was sober. Everything happened with my consent.

This made everyone shocked, but they didn't knew that this was only the start.

Har : (doubtfully) You loved me?

Nan : Yes. And us raat ho bhi hua mere marzi ke khilaf nahi tha. It wasn't a mistake for me. Main apne poore hosho-awaaz mein thi. Sorry to say this now but that night I wasn't drunk. But what you said next day broke my heart.

Anni : Shree ki behen hone ke nate pooch rahi hun ki Harshad tumse pyaar nahi karta isliye tumne meri behen ko saza di?

Nan : Nahi! Aisa nahi hai. Balki maine bhi for apne hopes kho diye. After that  Harshad started ignoring me. I couldn't conclude why? Months passed away but Harshad never spoke to me. He even didn't smiled at me once.

Har : I'm sorry for that par I didn't knew that after that night how will I face you.

Nan : But then I got yo know that...... I was pregnant.

Tears came out of her eyes. Even Annika's eyes got filled.

Anni : Dammit I was your best friend. Tum mujhe toh yeh baat bata sakti thi na. Shree would have understood

Nan : But point was of Harshad's understanding.

Har : And you thought that I won't understand. I wasn't that cruel Nandini. You could have told me. I'm a dad. Mera baccha..

Nan : Bachchi. We have a daughter. Shanaya.

Har : Shanaya. (He smiled widely). Abhi kaha hai.

Nan : Room mein hai. She is sleeping.

Har : Okay

Nan : Jab maine yeh baat mere parents ko batayi toh unhone mujhe thoda daanta par fir maan gaye. Annika tum Shree aur apne family ke problems mein itni disturbed rehti thi ki mere liye wakt cheenna mujhe mazoor nahi tha.

Anni : You were crazyly wrong. Everyone has time for their bff.

Nan : Ruk ruk. Let me continue. 1 month passed smoothly. Par fir aaya woh din jisne hum sab ki zindagi badaldi. Mere colony ke logon ko pata chala ki main pregnant hoon. Unhone tarah-tarah ki baatein banayi. Kehne lage ki na jane kaha se main muh kala karke aayi hun and blah blah.(Crying) Meri family ko zabardasti sadak par laya aur humpar phattar marne laga. The worst part is ki meri Maa ko ek stone sir par laga and she died at the spot. Dad saw her dying aur unhe heart attack aagaya. (Sobbing) I lost them. I lost them. They left me to fight alone in that situation.

Anni : Sab meri galti hai. Na main apne problems lekar baithti Na...

Nan : Galti nahi mindset. Is society ki mindset hai Annika. Next day party tha. Maine phir bhi party attend kiya kyunki main nahi chahti thi ki tum mujhpar shak karo. Aur main Harshad ko bhi hamare bachche ke bareme batana chahti thi. Par jab main Shree ko usse propose karte hue dekha mere khoon khoul utha. Yaha main uske kaaran apne parents kho chuki hun. Relatives mera saath nahi de rahe the, aur woh waha apni khushiyaan mana raha tha. Mere mann mein badle ki aag jal gayi. Aur tabhi mujhe woh mila woh asli culprit hai.

Shiv : Kaun?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

950 words

Culprit ka naam janna hai, toh next update tak wait karna hoga.
At least try to guess yaar ki kaun hoga woh.

This story reached
#4 in lifechanging😍😍😍😍

Best thing happened.

Vote"comment "follow

Aruvi