Chapter 55

Shivaay's POV

Roseleaf cafe, Dubai.

Does this man has to be late every time, I growled. I was impatiently tapping my leg, looking here and there for him.

She : Ab toh batao, kyun laye ho mujhe yaha.

Me : Wait for few more mins.

Guess with whom I was? Mallika Murthy. Yeah, I have an important meeting but my main reason to come here was to keep her safe in Dubai. I had got some information from the sources which confirmed that Rohan was murdered and next could be anyone from Mallika or Annika. Annika! For her I have already discussed with Khanna and he is going to keep a eye on her secretly.

I have no idea how things changed so suddenly. We were just married and then were looking for Rohan, who has been murdered because he knew something. This's not what we planned. Till we were in our own world, happy, setting our business, late night dates, everything was okay. But now... We just wanted a normal life full of love and happiness.

I also asked my sources to get Shree's postmortem report, where I got to know that Shreeja died because of excessive bleeding and not because she was raped. She was stabbed in her stomach more 6-7 times. That's horrible.

Mallika : Penny for your thoughts!

Me : Huh!

Mallika : Why you came here? You know na leaving Anu alone is not safe. I was about to return tomorrow morning.

Me : You said the same yesterday!

I deadpanned.

She : So, what could I have done if police had restricted anyone to get inside his hotel room. But thank God that someone surrendered himself to police as he was the driver. I thought that it was a murder.....

Me : It is a murder Mallika and the murderer's next target could be you. I here only till your always late husband comes. Then I'll leave as I have an important meeting.

Mallika : Ohk. How's Anu?

Me : She's okay! Why suddenly..

Mallika : She isn't okay Shivaay!

I widened my eyes. "What?" This was my only reaction.

Mallika : Yesterday evening, she called me to come back as soon as possible as I'm not safe here. I didn't get what was she indicating but she was... I guess.....frightened.

Me : But...

Suddenly no more words came out of my mouth. I just stared at Mallika trying to understand what was she trying to say. Was she bluffing? The look she wore on her face clearly shouted that she wasn't bluffing. The what?

Mallika : Have some water.

She passes me a glass of water which I emptied in one go.

Me : What are you trying to say?

Mallika : I guess... that someone has already tired hurting her. Yeah, I'm sure something like this has already happened.