Chapter 3

Murthy mansion

Here Meera was sitting in the hall with the envelope in her hand. It had Shivika's marriage invitation inside it. Lakshmi came back from temple and saw Meera sitting with an angry face.

Lak : Meera kya hua? What made you so angry?

Lakshmi, Annika's paternal aunt, whom she calls Mami for some reasons, asked his sister-in-law Meera.

Meera answered 'this' and handed lakshmi the envelope. Lakshmi's raised her eyebrows looking at Meera. But Meera signalled her to open it.

Lak : Nah! I won't open it. Tell me what's in it?

Lakshmi exclaimed, asking Meera to come straight on point. Murthy family had a weird habit within themselves, that is excepting everything and moving on. Its just why the reason that Annika is still a hot topic in their mansion is unknown.

Meera : Today's that bitch's wedding and that shameless girl has even dared to send us an invitation.

Meera spat in anger.

Lak : Last time she set our happiness on fire, and again she is going to an another house to destroy its happiness.

Lakshmi said, clearly in disgrace.

Suddenly Meera took out the lighter from her hand and burnt the envelope.

Meera : She'll never be happy. Her happiness will also be destroyed as she is born cursed.

She said in anger. Here they were burning the invitation and person behind the pillar were smirking. He was Kabir.

Kabir : Mumma and Mami, I would never let you'll destroy me Akka's happiness. I had already removed the invitation from it and stuffed some of my test papers! Not some but the one in which I got least marks. Invitation bhi bachali aur daant se bhi Bach gaya.

Kabir mumbled this to herself.

He never understood why his mother, Meera who was really cool about everything was always so biased against Annika instead of Lakshmi. Moreover, his Mami Lakshmi always added fuel to it, when it should actually be vise versa.

Suddenly someone tapped Kabir's shoulder from behind. Kabir screamed in fear but then a hand covered his mouth. It was Ranveer. Kabir bit. his palm.

Ran : Aahhh! Idiot. Why did you bite me?

Ranveer scolded Kabir.

Kabir : Because you scared me?

Kabir presumed and then grinned sheepishly.

Ran : And what are you doing behind the pillar?

Ranveer asked again, even though he knew everything.

Kabir : Kuch nahi Anna.

Kabir said and walked back towards his room.

Ranveer smiled remembering that his luck he heard Kabir. He went to Kabir' s room and asked him to get ready that they are going to someone's marriage. Kabir nodded.

Lak : Okay. But whom is she marrying?

Lakshmi asked, suddenly interested in knowing about Annika. She felt like she always needed to keep a check on both the daughters of her late brother Harsh. Just that her reasons were really unknown.

Meera : God knows. My blood boiled reading her name on the envelope with 'wedding invitation' written below.

Meera spoke with an icy tone.

Lak : Leave it. Who even wants to know is ab us daayan ki nazar kid ghar par lagi hai.

She brushed off the topic of Annika, and walked back to her room.

Lakshmi, along with her husband Raj were the one who actually managed everything belonging to Murthy's. Vishwas never asked about anything, instead kept working under his brother in law and his son.

Meera too wasn't bothered much, because she knew that there was a will drafted my her father in law, stating that no matter what, thirty five percent shares if their business with be assigned to Kabir and Gireesh after Kabir turns twenty. She was satisfied as long as the future of her children was safe. All the point now was the thirty five percent shares assigned to Mallika and Annika.

Murthy's didn't knew that to whom Annika is going to get married expect Ranveer.

Oberoi Mansion

Annika's POV

As we came down with OmRu on either sides, Dadi came in front of me.

Dadi : See, here comes the bride and groom.

She announced gleefully. We touched her feet and took her blessings.

She turned towards me.

Dadi : Hay kitni soni lag rahi hai. Ek dam mere Billu ke takkar ki.

Dadi's compliment made me smile. Shivaay's family was everything I dreamt of. Wonderful elders and best cousins/siblings. They were so together and I was officially going to be one of them.

No one of them knew that I was actually a daughter from Murthy family. This was something we  have hidden from them, along with the reason of why I'm not with my family. I've always felt guilty about not revealing the truth to them, but this wasn't the time for it.

Shiv : Dadi appko kitni baar kaha ke sab ke samne billu nahi!

Shivaay scowled, making us chuckle. Janvhi Maa and Pinky maa then came to us to apply kala teeka behind our ears saying "kisiki nazar na lage"

Dadi then pulled OmRu's ears asking there where they lost when she sent them to get Shivika.

Shiv : Dadi I don't know about Rudy, but Om was lost in Gauri's eyes.

Hearing this Gauri blushed and everyone laughed. Om glared at Shivaay. Dadi left their ears.

The pandit ji asked us to hurry up. Shivaay helped me to sit down properly with my lehenga and then sat besides me, smiling brightly .

Pandit chanted the mantras. We exchanged varmalas where OmRu picked my high so that he couldn't reach me but Tej papa and Shakti papa came to support him.. OmRu did mine kanyaadan that time I wished my Di was here. Then we took seven rounds around the holy fire and took vows 'yeh rishta hum har haal mein nibhayenge'. He filled my partition with sindoor. We completed all the rituals.

"Ab yeah dono pati-patni hua. Sada khush raho." At last the pandit ji announced while Shivaay put his arms around me and said hi wifey.

Rudy : Finally, our Shivika got married. Now let's take a family photo.

Rudy suggested and everyone agreed. I missed my family too much all the time, but I was aware of the fact that there were certain desires that could never be fulfilled. And one if those was me reconciling with Murthy family.

We took few photos and then Janhvi maa and Pinky maa asked everyone to get back to their work assigned to them for reception. Everyone asked us to go and rest for sometime.

************

Vote"comment"follow

Aruvi