Chapter 1

Oberoi Mansion

It was blissful morning.
Annika was sitting in front of the mirror. She was in her bridal avatar beaming brightly. Her hazel brown eyes shone with happiness. This was day her dream was coming true when she and her love, Shivaay were going to get married. She was happy, this was an underestimation. She felt like she was on the top of this world. And just happiness was surrounding her.

But her past and her family was the only memory that successfully snatched her smile. Scratch it. She thought.

She was also was nervous like hell, why won't she, today is the dream day after all. Gauri was helping her to fix her chunri, while she was mumbling random things.

Anni : Gauri, I'm nervous. Likely too much wala nervous.

She mused.

Gauri : Anu, calm down Darling.

Gauri advised, giggling a bit. Gauri has never seen Anu nervous to such an extent, and was enjoying it to the fullest.

But Annika wasn't ready to stop freaking out. Instead, she got up from her chair, picked up her long red lehenga with golden zari work and started pacing here and there. All she wanted is no more drama in her life. For now, more than anything she wanted to meet Shivaay, her love. She knew that he would understand her nervousness and help her out. This is what he has done in last three years. Helping her out.

Gauri : Abhi? You'll meet him in few mins at the mandap. Have patience.

Gauri was really baffled by Annika's demand to meet Shivaay.

Anni : Patience gaya tel lene!

The bride declared. Without letting Gauri say anything, Annika dragged Gauri along with her and headed towards Shivaay's room through the poolside where no one would stop her.

Shivaay's room
Shivaay, on the other hand, was happily getting ready and was waiting for Omkara to show up, so that he could head towards mandap.

There was a knock on the door.
Shivaay thought that it was Omkara and he pulled the person in and closed the door. But instead of Omkara it was his would be wife. Annika was bit taken aback by this. Then she came into her senses and questioned Shivaay.

Anni : What was that Shivaay? Who the hell pulls someone like this!

Annika enquired, with her hands in her hips.

But Shivaay thought that he was dreaming of Annika being here.

Shiv : Om, yaar, now I'm seeing Annika in you too.

Shivaay presumed, with wide eyes. His grandmother that told them not to meet each other for two days. So for the whole two days, he had been seeing her everywhere, in everyone.

Annika got shocked and checked herself in the mirror. She blushed hearing that he could see her everywhere like the same way she does. Then she pushed away those thoughts and shouted in his ear.

Anni : Shivaay, I'm your Annika. And you see me everywhere haan!

She teased him and it truly worked. His cheeks turned bit pinkish.

Anni : Awe, your blushing my bagad billa.

He was completely embarrassed. He wasn't usually the one who could be teased, but seeing that it was an important day for him too, he was bit anxious too.

Anni : Ok. I came here since mujhe aap se baat karni hai.

She said in a very serious tone. Shivaay thought to flirt with her, but he understood her seriousness and let her to speak.

Anni : Shivaay, you are sure about this marriage right?

She questioned. For Shivaay, it was a question out of the blue.

'This is the height of nervousness' Shivaay thought.

Shiv : Why are you asking like this?

Shivaay spoke in confusion

Anni : You sure that you won't regret your decision of marrying me? I mean you aren't marrying me because you said that I'm your responsibility or something.

Annika asked.

The one close to her knew about her mood swings too well. You can't day what's running in her mind. Her professional attitude was too good as compared to the personal one. As a businesswoman, she was very good in taking smart and vest decisions for her company, but in personal life, she was a wreck.

Shiv : Annika, Why are you asking such questions? You know that I will never regret. I love you jaan.

Shivaay professed. He knew what he was getting himself into. He was going to let his destiny be tangled with hers and he was really fascinated by the idea.

Anni : I love you too Shivaay.

She confessed and embraced him and then continued.

Anni : Fir bhi darr lag raha tha. Pakka you don't have any problem in marrying a girl who has family issues. Who is strong but has lost that strong self, who is an emotional wreck, who can also be a bhojh on you. Who, when emotionally hurt fails to think of others...

Shiv : Annika....

Shivaay didn't knee what to say. Sometimes, he just wanted to erase those memories of hers so that such thoughts might never pop up again in her mind.

Anni : Especially if she is the one who is been blamed for her sisters death which is partially true?

Annika mumbled in low voice, guilt evident in it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

586 words

Vote "comment" follow

Aruvi