thirty three

THIRTY THREE

POISON

"Its a dome, and I can't see any fresh water," Katniss says, dropping back to the floor, bending her knees as she lands. She wipes her forehead on her already soaked sleeve.

"It'll get dark soon, we should set up camp," Finnick says, "We can take it in turns sleeping, I'll take first watch,"

"Not a chance," Katniss scoffs.

Finnick stands up, slamming the bottom of his trident into the floor, "Honey, that thing I did back there for Peeta, that was called saving his life, if I wanted to kill either of you, I would have done it by now, and if I hadn't, Talia certainly would have,"

Katniss lets out a deep breath, "Where is she anyway?"

"She went to find water," Peeta says.

"Well, she won't find any," Katniss sighs, watching Finnick as he walks away.

Finnick eventually finds Talia settled on a large rock, her eyes scanning the forest, not too far from where Finnick left Katniss and Peeta.

"I heard your little argument from here," Talia says, hearing Finnick stop walking just behind her.

"Its a little tense,"

"I told you to stop," Talia says, getting up and turning to Finnick, "I don't trust her,"

"I know," Finnick says, shaking his head, "She doesn't trust us either,"

"Fuck her, and fuck Peeta too," Talia says, keeping her voice quiet, "If I have to, I will leave, and you can either stay with them, or come with me,"

"Fine," Finnick nods, "Come back to camp,"

Talia nods, following Finnick back to the place they'd call home for the night. Talia settles down next to Peeta, Finnick and Katniss deciding to take watch together. Talia struggles to doze off, but eventually she gets there.

Finnick and Katniss sit perched on the rocks, both of them silent for the most part, until Finnick turns to Katniss.

"How's Peeta?"

"Fine I guess, just dehydrated like us all," Katniss mutters.

"If you saw no fresh water, how will we live longer than a few days? Especially in this heat?"

"No idea, but everyone else must be having the same problem," Katniss says, glancing back to Finnick, "We should have taken the cornucopia, killed the careers,"

"Probably, but instead we ran," Finnick shrugs, "We wouldn't have won if we'd contested, Peeta nearly drowned and-"

A beeping can be heard above, the two of them stand up and look up quickly, a parachute. They'd been sponsored. Katniss retrieves the package and reveals a strange metal object. Her eyebrows raise, confused by what it was. Finnick takes a look and shrugs too, unaware of what they were looking at. Finnick wakes Talia and Peeta, telling them they'd been sponsored...whatever it was.