ten

TEN

WIN THEIR HEARTS

WIN THEIR HEARTS

There was two hours left before the interviews with Caesar Flickerman began, and Talia was beginning to feel the nerves, so far her nails has been painted a pearl colour and her hair had been done in a half up half down style, the half up section rested in a messy bun at the back of her head, and the whispy bits that usually slipped out were left there. Her makeup was light, unlike the makeup during the Opening Ceremony and her neck was decorated with her father's pearl necklace.

Fava and Zetta finish with her makeup and finally she can slip into the white dress made by Aldar. It dips at the front and back to reveal her skin, a piece of fabric falls from her left shoulder down and attaches to her waist on the right, to give a half cape look. The dress has a small train mostly given by the cape and has a split up the bottom right side to reveal her tanned and slender legs. On her feet she wears small heels, giving her about 4 more inches of height, so she's the same height as Ethan and only two inches shorter than Finnick.

Her wrists are decorated in pearl bands and the same tiara given to her on the Opening Ceremony is placed atop her head, completing the outfit. Aldar, Fava and Zetta step away, admiring their work and allowing Talia to see herself for the first time. She lets out a heavy sigh, she looked beautiful. She turns to see the back and sees the pearls running along the thick straps over her shoulders and around the dip. She turns to her team and smiles, "Thank you,"

"Do you like it?" Aldar asks, eyes filled with water- he was so proud of his creation.

"I love it," Talia chuckles and Aldar walks forwards and pulls the girl into a hug.

"Right, the Capitol awaits," Aldar says, and he leads Talia out of the dressing room and towards the backstage area where some tributes are already gathered.

She sees Ethan standing with Coral, she's feeding him the information she wants him to tell the world, but in particular, potential sponsors.

Ethan was dressed in a seaweed green suit and snakeskin boots, his hair slicked back and his eyelids painted gold. He looked handsome, but Talia was definitely going to steal the show with her pearl dress.

Talia is about to walk forwards and speak to Ethan when a hand clamps round her wrist, "Don't,"

Talia's head turns and she frown at Finnick, his tanned fingers wrapped around her fragile arm, "Why not?"

"Because he, and all these others, will see it as weakness, do not speak, just stand here, lift your head and look straight forwards," Finnick says, letting go of her, his hand falling back to his side.

"Very well," She mutters, glancing down at the dress, "Please tell me I at least look the part?"

"You do, you look...Like pure starlight," He breathes, glancing over her, she truly looked spectacular, and Finnick wanted to tell her a thousand times over, but he had to go and find his place on the other side of the stage to greet her when her interview was over.