The Telling

Chapter 11

Justin Carter

I watch Pattie pick up her pants from the floor and kiss me on the cheek. She seemed very nervous and twitchy.

Is she okay? What's wrong with her?

She hurries out the door. I'm left to stare at the doorknob. I scratch the back of my head and sigh.

"Man, that was going somewhere!" I grunt in frustration. I pull out my phone of my pocket and scroll down to Pattie's name. I debate whether to call her or to call Enrique. I scroll up to Enrique's name and decide to call him instead. It rings, but he doesn't pick up. I bet he's getting some action. I sigh and throw my phone across my room until it smashes against my wall. I wince as it falls to the floor.

I need to calm down!

. . .

Sam Brooks

I need to do it today!

I sigh as I knock on Enrique's door. A few seconds later, he opens with Marlena behind him.

"Sam," purrs Marlena. "How are you, girl?" Her green eyes scan my body and I see a flicker of disgust in her eyes.

"Marlena," I say in a cold voice. "I'm good, how are you?"

Marlena smirks and nods. I turn my attention towards Enrique. His hair is messy and sticking out in some places. He's staring at Marlena and I cough. "Well, Enrique?"

"Yes, don't worry! I'm done helping him out with his science homework!" Marlena pushes past me and winks in Justin's direction, who eagerly returns it.

Science? I though she was tutoring with Maths?

Enrique steps back to let me in. He puckers his lips and gives me a sexy smile. He pulls me towards him in one quick motion and before I know it, he's kissing me with tongue. I push him back.

"Wait. I need to tell you something."

This is it.

When I tell him that I'm pregnant, his eyes widen.

"I'm the father?" He croaks.

I nod halfheartedly.

"Get out!" Enrique screams, while shoving me out of the way. "Oh and just so you know, we're over! I'm sleeping with Marlena now." He gives me one final push before slamming the door shut. The tears in my eyes blur my vision so I'm practically blind, just standing outside of Enrique's house.

"I'm going to tell my parents. My parents won't freak out like Enrique did." I wipe the tears from my eyes the best I can.

When I arrive home, my parents are already home from work. My mom is in the kitchen preparing dinner for my dad, while my dad is in the living room watching the Chicago Blackhawks play against the Montreal Canadiens. (My actual fav team is the 'Hawks! Go Toews #19 and Shaw #65)

"Hey Dad! Who's winning?" I ask as Jonathan Toews (PRONOUNCED TAVES NOT TOES) makes it past three defensemen and gets the puck past Carey Price. I whoop and jump with my dad.

"The 'Hawks are winning. 4-1," my dad beams.

"Go 'Hawks!" I throw my hand in the air. "Listen, I need to talk to you guys," I say it loud enough for my mom to hear. A second later, my mom comes into the living room and gives me a concerned look. My dad turns off the T.V. with a frown.

"What's the matter dear?"

I take a deep breath. "Remember how I was in the hospital?"

They both nod.

"Well they didn't tell you the real reason. The real reason is that... I'm pregnant."

My mom starts to laugh. "Wow what a good prank! I almost thought it was real!"

I look down to the floor. "Mom. It's not a prank."

My mom stops laughing, realizing the seriousness in my voice.

"Sam Brooks, who is the father?" My dad's strong voice booms around the living room.

"A boy named Enrique Fernandez..." I trail off.

"Sam. Get out of this house right away!" my mom screams before my dad has time to react. "You are not welcome here anymore. How many times have I told you to use protection and to be careful because this is what happens!" My mom points her index finger towards the house entrance. "Leave," her voice cracks and there are tears running down her cheeks. This isn't something she wants to do, but she knows she has to. So I can learn the giant mistake I made.

I nod slowly and hug my parents before leaving.

. . .

Patricia Kelly

"Come stay with me! My parents won't have to know." I say to Sam on the phone. She had called me barely a minute ago and explained what happened.

"Are you sure?" sniffs Sam. She had obviously been crying a lot.

"Of course! Anything for my best friend."

"Good, because I'm outside your window right now." I hear a tap on my window and sure enough, Sam's there.

My room is in the basement and there are two windows. One in my room and one in the laundry room. I open the window for Sam to climb in and give her a big bear hug. I let her cry on my shoulder for what seems like an hour before she's all out of tears.

"Feeling better?" I ask her quietly.

She nods and finally manages to smile. My phone buzzes in my pocket, causing me to flinch.

"Sorry! It's my phone! It vibrated!" I check my phone and gasp in horror.

"What?" Sam gasps, trying to read what's on my screen to make me act like this. Her eyes widen and she starts to cry again.

And I thought she had cried her last tear.

* * * * * * * *

DEDICATED TO PRINCESSAILOVE BECAUSE IT'S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY AND I PROMISED I'D UPDATE !