Preggers too?

Chapter 9

Patricia Kelly

I run out of class as fast as I can. One minute I'm laughing and the next I get a huge urge to empty my guts out? When I reach the bathroom, I let myself puke on the floor. Not the brightest idea ever. I feel bad for the janitor who will have to clean it up later. After a few minutes, I feel like I can't puke anymore even if I tried. Everything has been spilled on the bathroom floor.

Why do I feel so sick?

I don't remember eating anything gone bad or anything gross. I walk over to the sinks and clean my mouth to get rid of the foul tasting bile as best I can. I look up to stare at myself in the mirror. I look awful. My eyes are blood-shot and I look very pale.

Maybe it's the shots I had yesterday.

When I try to think back to yesterday night, all I remember is taking shots. Everything after comes like a blur in my mind.

Does Justin remember?

I have a pretty good idea of what we did because I did wake up in his bed. He was shirtless. My eyes widen.

Did we use protection? Could I have herpes or some other kind of STD?

I take an sharp intake of breath.

Or am I pregnant?

I snort. "What's wrong with you Patricia Kelly?" I mutter to myself.

. . .

Sam Brooks

"I bought you a pregnancy test just to make sure." I hand the box to Pattie.

"What?" she asks, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know you were with Justin. All night. In his bed." I roll my eyes. "Plus you were sick in Bio." I had felt really sick and passed out, too. I just hope Pattie used protection or she'll be pregnant as well.

"You want me to pee on a stick?" shrieks Patricia.

"Shut up!" I slap a hand over her mouth. We were currently in the girls washroom. Right after the period ended, I had a free period so I went to buy her the pregnancy test. I cross my fingers to hope she isn't pregnant. "Just do it. Please?" I try making a cute puppy face.

"You look hideous!" Pattie chuckles. She sighs. She grabs the box from my hands and closes the stall behind her. "So I just pee on it right?"

I nod. After a moment, I realize she can't see me. "Uh, yeah." I reply awkwardly. She doesn't say anything for a long period of time, which feels like hours. Finally I hear her peeing.

Please don't be pregnant!

. . .

Enrique Fernandez

Where is that girl?

I glance down to my unanswered text to Sammie.

To: Sammie

Hey Babe, coming over? ;)

I slam my phone on my nightstand beside my bed. I frown. She's taking longer than she did yesterday. Whats taking her so long? What could possibly be more important than me?

Ding Ding!

I lunge towards my ringing phone.

"Hello?" I yell out.

"Enrique? It's Sam," she purrs into the phone.

Her voice is so sexy.

"Hey Babe," I say maliciously.

"I can be there in about forty minutes. Is that okay?"

"Why are you taking so long?" I say more harshly than intended.

"I'm helping Patricia with her pre-" I hear a slapping sound and an alarmed voice. I can't make out the words, but it sounds rushed. "Her pre-exam." She giggles awkwardly.

"Pre-exams of what?" I furrow my eyebrows. I don't remember anything about there being pre-exams.

"No, like I'm helping her study for Biology. Exams are coming up soon."

"Oh," I try to sound understanding, but I needed her here. Right. Now.

"Well if you're going to be here in forty minutes, I'll try to survive without you." I whisper in the phone, in a seductive voice.

I hear her giggle and another voice, which I'm assuming is Pattie's, says something like, "Come on Sammie." She sounds annoyed.

"Sorry. Patricia's getting mad! Forty minutes. Ciao!" I hear the other end die. I hang up too. Man, I've got to wait forty minutes? I smile as an idea creeps into my mind. I take out my phone and dial Marlena Winters' number.

. . .

Justin Carter

Lunch period.

I had asked Pattie to hang out with me, but she was nowhere in sight. I pull out my phone and try calling her.

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

After the third ring, I feel disappointed. What if she doesn't pick up the phone? Is she avoiding me?

Ring!

Ring!

Ring!

"Hello?"

I don't recognize the voice right away, but at least it's not a guy's voice or I would've beaten them up.

"Who is this and why do you have Patricia Kelly's phone?" I try to remain calm but thoughts of Pattie being kidnapped have flooded my mind.

I hear voices on the other line. Finally I make out what they're saying. "Sorry Justin! I know I said we were going to hang out... Its just I have to study for a test.... And the person who answered was Sammie." She laughs. "Did you not recognize her voice?"

Something at the back of my mind can tell she's distressed. I fake laugh so she doesn't laugh by herself.

"So are you okay?" I ask cautiously.

There's a long pause, then more hushed voices I can't hear.

. . .

Patricia Kelly

"So are you okay?" he asks slowly.

My body tenses. I cover the mouth piece on my phone and turn towards Sam. "Should I tell him?"

"I don't tink so. I haven't told Enrique about it yet."

"But you will?"

Sam takes a second to think. "I don't know. I may tell him when you can actually start to see the bump though."

What if he doesn't want anything to do with me if I tell him? What if he leaves and I'm stuck to take care of the baby by myself? I can abort the baby because there will be a chance I will never be a mommy ever again. Plus what if something goes wrong?

"Pattie?" says a voice in my phone.

Oh yeah, he's still here!

I put my ear on my phone. "Yeah, just a bit of a headache. Listen I'll hang out with you tonight?"

"It's a date...?"

My stomach flutters with butterflies.

He just called it a date!

What if he stays with me if I tell him I'm pregnant and he doesn't leave like all those other teen dads I see on television all the time? He could be different from the rest of the guys.

"Yeah," I gush, blushing slightly. "It's a date."