Players

Chapter 7

Sam Brooks

I open my eyes and yawn, while making weird noises. I turn towards Enrique who is sleeping shirtless, beside me. He looks so cute when he's sleeping. So much younger and worry-free. He stirs a bit while I sneak out of bed slowly. I pause to make sure he doesn't wake up. I smile cheekily.

I love this boy.

The realization hits me. Well, it's not like I didn't realize it or anything but I like saying it aloud. In my head. Aloud in my head. I giggle at this thought.

I feel like I'm still drunk from the beer I had the night at The Bar!

I giggle again, but louder. I only stop when Enrique stirs and turns in his sleep. I bite my lip. He's too cute. I bend down to pick up my bra and clothes. It was a very excited night is all I can say.

Should I tell Pattie?

I bite on the inside of my mouth. I've never kept secrets from her, but I was going to keep this one. Pattie will probably be wondering what I did after she went on her date. I went to her house before coming to Enrique which is why I took a long time getting to Enrique's house.

. . .

Justin Carter

I glance sideways to Patricia, who is slumped in her cinema chair with her arms crossed over her chest. She's biting her lips and doesn't seem to be paying attention to the movie at all, to be honest neither am I. I kept glancing in her direction every minute. Pattie seemed to be more focused on a couple a few rows in front of us. The guy had his arm slung over her shoulders casually and the girl was leaning her head on his chest. Patricia sighs for the hundredth time tonight.

Maybe Patricia didn't like bad boys and players?

Okay, I'll admit I was playing an act to make Pattie like me more. Someone had told me she was into bad boys.

I turn my attention towards her. "Want to leave?"

She grins but instantly perks up. "No, we don't have to. We can stay if you're really liking this movie."

I place my hand on her shoulder. "I can tell you don't like this movie and I'm not really paying attention either. Let's leave."

She grins. "'Kay."

I grab her hand and lead her out of the dark cinema room. Her hand is so warm in my hands. "I'm sorry about earlier," I blurt out.

She turns her head, looking a bit confused. "About what?"

"I could tell you didn't want to watch this movie, but made you watch it anyway because I thought you liked bad boys."

Pattie's eyes widen a little bit before she bursts out laughing. "That's okay. I forgive you," she says between laughs. "But I'd like to know who you got your information about me from."

"Enrique..." I pause to let her laugh at me for a bit. "To make it up to you, I want you to choose what we do next. It'll only be fair," I point out before she starts to object.

"Fine." She bites the inside of her cheek. "Let's go to The Bar again! I still have my fake I.D. and I'm guessing you had a fake I.D. that night we first met too?" She takes a wallet from her purse and pulls out her I.D. I nod and pull mine out of my wallet.

She scans it with her eyes and smirks. "Well George Brady, will you come to The Bar with me?" she teases.

"Let's see your fake I.D.!" I lunge toward her hand with the I.D., she tries to dodge my hand, but I'm quicker. I triumphantly stick it into the air and read her fake name. "Why yes, Maria Brown," I bow and stick my hand out towards her. "I would love to accompany you to The Bar."

She smiles. Pattie bows just like I did and takes my hand. I chuckle. This girl is effortlessly funny.

I still have Patricia's hand in mine once we arrive to The Bar. I can hear really loud music blasting through the doors every time someone opens the door. I send Pattie a smile, which she returns. I lead her towards the entrance. The guy guarding the door doesn't even look at our fake I.D.s. He let's us pass with a flick of his hand.

The song Latch plays loudly, coming from speakers beside the DJ. The DJ waves his hands in the air every so often and waves to people.

"Beer?" I offer Pattie, pointing towards the bar, where a lady is washing a shot glass.

"I would love to try to take a shot! I see it in movies all the time!" gushes Patricia. She eyes the shot glasses in the bartender's hands.

"Let's go then!" Once we're in front of the bartender, I ask, "Could we try to take a shot?"

The bartender winks at me and gives me a malicious smile. "Sure. Vodka okay?" Even her voice is sexy.

God. Pattie's right here! Don't get distracted.

"I would love Vodka!" chirps Patricia behind me.

The bartender's sexy smile instantly disappears as Pattie hooks her arms with mine.

"'Kay," she hisses through gritted teeth. She shoots me a disappointed glare. She takes two shot cups and fills them with vodka, each half full. She hands us each a slice of lime.

"Swallow the vodka all in one gulp and suck on the lime. It'll burn, but after about three, you'll start to like it."

Patricia and me nod enthusiastically. We both pick one of the two shot cups and stare at each other.

"On three, we swallow?" asks Pattie, her eyes shining with excitement.

I nod.

"One," Patricia starts.

"Two," I say.

"Three!" we say at the same time.

We empty the foul tasting liquid in our mouths and grab the lime to suck in our mouths. I wince as the lime touches my throat, which was already burning from the vodka. The lime made it burn about fifty times more.

Patricia slams her shot cup on the bar. "More!" she breaths.

The bartender smirks. "Glad you liked." She pours some more vodka into our cups. After about six other shots, I don't remember a thing.