Eleven Part II

XI: Date Night Part II

COLE RICHMOND IS MANY THINGS. He's arrogant and cocky. But he's also incredibly sweet and caring and understanding. He's sexy and charming and funny. He makes me think un-ladylike thoughts and his infectious energy made away with my inhibitions. He makes me brave and bold and the yes, even promiscuous. He' s like the bite of a snake and the antidote at the same time.

He's...he's early. Like an hour and a half early!

Quickly smoothing down the skirt of the cocktail I'd changed into for the occasion, I nervously let out a little squeal and gathered my things. Okay, phone, gloss, little purse whose proper term I don't actually know...All set!

Taking my time to go down the stairs, I mentally gave myself a pep talk. But once my heel-clad feet touched the last step, I realized I was alone.

"Miss Poppy," Ingrid said coming into the room. "There is a gentleman waiting outside for you."

"Thank you!" I said suddenly relieved. Yanking open the door, I stepped out and walk towards the parked town car. The driver came around and opened the door for me as I attempted to gracefully (and failling) maneuver myself into the car.

On the leather seat beside me was a note handwritten on thick stationary.

I would have picked you up myself but the paparazzi are everywhere. Meet you here.

-C

A small smile lit up my face as the car lunged gently forward. Wherever "here" is, it won't really matter. Just the who.

WE'VE BEEN DRIVING FOR OVER AN HOUR. Wherever it is that I'm meeting Cole, it must be out of the city.

Finally after another fifteen minutes we arrived and I eagerly looked out of the darkly tinted windows.

We were out of the city alright. Very, very far out of the city. We were in what appeared as abandoned acres in the outskirts of New York City.

The door was opened for me and I stepped out in confusion. Looking around I searched for a familiar head of unruly blond curls but couldn't find him anywhere. Or anyone for that matter.

"This way, miss." I nodded and walked towards a large shed a few yards from the car. Stepping inside, my eyes widened at the sight before me.

Cole came jogging in my direction and kissed me lightly on the cheek. "Great, you made it."

"W-What is that?" I asked in utter awe. I was much too preoccupied to acknowledge how edible Cole looked in an all black tux with the collar popped open.

"That, Poppy," he said swinging his arm around my shoulder and leading me forward, " Is Marvin."

An incredulous laugh passed my lips, "You names your airplane Marvin?" It was so absurd!

"Actually, It's a jet not an airplane. But yes, I named him Marvin."

"And why, may I ask, am I meeting Marvin?" Cole stopped walking and stepped in my line of vision.

"Because, we're taking him out for a spin." My jaw fell slack.

"No, absolutely not! I am not going anywhere with you driving a jet."

He rolled his eyes. "There's a pilot. He's quite good, actually. He's never once allowed me to fly Marvin, even when I threatened to fire him."

Cole saw my shocked expression and laughed, "Pops, I'm totally kidding."

I let out a huge breath and hesitantly let him guide me towards Marvin. "Don't I need my passport or something? How are we just going to take off for wherever it is that you're taking me to?"