Twenty Nine

XXIX: Proxy

ITS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE COLE AND I CAME BACK. We've been happier than ever, in our own bubble in my penthouse.

Cole has officially unofficially moved in. His toothbrush has a permanent spot in my sink, and the closet in the spare room now holds some of his suits and clothes.

Every day Cole and I wake at 7:30 on the dot. I take my morning shower while he shaves. Then we brush our teeth together and we part ways to get dressed. I go for my usual jeans while Cole layers up in his corporate wear.

Today, he wore yet another grey suit and I an olive green dress-shirt. My hair was a mess of half-dry waves, so I just braided a few strands and pulled it back and away from my face.

"Mrs. Richmond," Cole said, interrupting me slipping on my sandals. "You're looking particularly ravishing today."

I snorted and righted myself to look him up and down. He's let his hair grow a little, now bordering shaggy from his usual sexy blow-outs. "I wish I could say the same for you, Mr. Richmond."

He raised an eyebrow and strutted towards me. "And what about my appearance is less than exemplary?"

I fought off a smile and feigned disinterest as I slipped on my wedding rings. "Oh, I don't know. Perhaps that mop on top of your head."

"Hmm it appears my wife is not satisfied with my hair. Should I have it cut?"

I shrugged and pretended to fret over the locket Daniel and Marc gave me. "Now there's an idea."

In a flash, Cole spun me around and had me up on top of the vanity. My legs parted instinctively to allow him to press himself against me, and my arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"You know, now that we're on the topic maybe we should discuss the things I would like you to fix."

I played along, stealing his words,"what about my appearance is less than exemplary?"

"This for example," Cole said as his hands swept down my front, unbuttoning my dress as he went. "You should definitely be wearing a lot less clothes around the house."

"And outside of the house?" His hands froze and he grazed me with a mock glare.

"That's for my eyes only."

I laughed, leaning my head against the cool glass behind me. Cole leaned forward to kiss my neck, inspiring a moan deep within my throat.

"You'll be late," I reminded him. He continued kissing down my neck, past my collarbones, to the edge of my bra.

"This is new," Cole said almost distractedly.

"Hmm. Well I have such a relentless husband. How embarrassing. You can't use the same wrapping paper for every occasion."

"And what's the occasion?" His hum of appreciation lit my skin on fire when he discovered what I wore underneath the skirt of my dress.

"Oh?" I said breathlessly. "Being late on a Wednesday. You haven't been late on a Wednesday yet."

Cole laughed and carried me off the vanity to throw me onto the unmade bed. He stared down at me with my shirt dress half unbuttoned to reveal my newly bought lingerie, his eyes undressing me as he loosened his tie. "Late on a Wednesday, huh? Well I have to say, I like it more than being late on a Tuesday."

"Better make it count, Mr. Richmond." I pulled him down by his lapels with a big, goofy smile on my lips. "You can't unwrap this twice."

"I'll die a happy man if this is the present I get every morning, no matter the paper." He kissed me then, and made sure he was 45 minutes late to the office.