Twenty Six Pt. III

XXVI: Bubble

MY EYES WIDENED WHEN I SAW THE PICTURE ELLE SENT ME EARLIER LAST NIGHT. After we'd come back from that catastrophic couple's dance class, I hadn't bothered to check my phone. Maybe if I had I wouldn't have been so willing to kiss Cole bloody Richmond.

"What is this?" I said incredulously, stomping into the library. Cole looked up from his work, a small smirk on his face as his eyes swept up my barely-clad body.

"Good morning babe."

"Cole Richmond!" I screeched, ignoring the look he was giving me. I was fighting off a blush with the mischievous look in his eye. I had run out of the room and grabbed the only article of clothing in sight, which so happened to be his shirt from last night. "What is the meaning of this?"

I turned my phone in his direction and watched him tumble over in his chair laughing. Elle had taken a picture of yesterday's newest story to hit the gossip columns of NYC. It was me, in a blindfold, walking through the airport with Cole--disguised by sunglasses--as he led me through the crowds. The worse part wasn't that the picture has currently been splashed all over every social networking cite, and just now have the press identified us. No, it was the sign around my shoulders that said "My boyfriend is surprising me with a trip. Snap a picture if you think he's hot."

"You have to admit it's kind of funny." Cole said with his signature grin.

"You think this is funny?" I asked taking the phone back and scrolling to the next picture. This one was of the back of the sign. It said, "Help a poor guy out and share this. If this goes viral maybe I'll get laid tonight."

Cole bit down on his lip to keep from laughing. "Seriously?" I asked unamused. "Are you seriously laughing this off right now?"

He sobered up real quick and shook his head but the amusement in his eyes was evident. "No ma'am. This is absolutely not in any which way remotely funny. At all."

I raised my eyebrows at him and crossed my arms. "Hmmm well maybe it's a little funny."

His eyes widened at my change in tone. He watched me walk around his chair, and I felt him shiver at my touch when I lightly skimmed his shoulder. Perching down on the desk, and as gracefully as I could manage, I placed my feet on either side of his chair to roll him closer.

Cole sat motionless, just watched me with barely unrestrained shock and something else. Something darker to match the fire in the pit of my belly.

Leaning forward, I kissed his neck. I heard his gasp a second before he stood and pulled me off the desk with him.

My legs wrapped around him tight, but my nipping and kisses didn't ease off. We tumbled down on the couch and in a second my borrowed shirt was bunch up around my waist. His hands moved up my legs, his touch rough and exciting.

"Poppy." I heard him moan before his lips were on mine. I arched up against him, my mouth and my body molding to his.

My borrowed shirt was gone in a second. In turn I ripped his off in a hurry so I could feel his toned, hot skin against mine.

"This blush," Cole murmured as he kissed down my jaw. "It goes all the way down here."

I let out a sigh when his tongue swept down to my chest where the skin there was no longer flushed. My nails scratched down his spine as he bit down on one of my straps and pulled it down.

His eyes met mine, asking for permission. I nodded, lost in this feeling of euphoria, and closed my eyes.

"I want everything with you, Poppy White." I bit down on my lip, smiling.