Chapter 33 - Game Day

Start from the beginning

"You shouldn't be. I have seen you play and I can tell you with confidence that no Lionel Messi can stand up to you", he chuckled and I laughed.

"I am surprised that you know who Messi is more than that compliment, to be honest!", I joked and he let out a contageous laugh.

"Well, when you hang out with a soccer-obsessed girl most of your time, you learn some things...you know?", he joked back and broke the hug, patting my back.

"Well, okay, I will take that as a compliment", I said and stood up, looking at him suspiciously. We ended up bursting into laughter.

"That's the spirit!", Zach said cheerfully, "now you better get ready, 45 minutes left", he warned pointing at his watch.

"Yes!", I said with determination, "to the bathroom I go!"

-

-

"You ready?", Matt asked peeking around the corner of the girls' dressing room. His voice was slightly muffled by loud sounds coming from the inside of the stadium, which was just a couple of 'tunnels' away from here.

"Yeah! Come in! Not like you haven't seen me naked before!", I blushed realising what I just said and pulling my new Nike Hypervenom cleats on, as Matt entered the dressing room with my new jersey in his left and a water bottle in his right hand.

"Here ya' go", he said with a wide smile streching across his face, I quickly grabbed it and started examining it up and down and up and down. It was perfect.

Red jersey with the words which made me proud written on the back:

'Z.Bartra'

"It's so perfect!", I screamed in excitement and hugged Matt, not taking my eyes off of that jersey, my jersey.

"Look, we have good news", he said nervously scratching the back of his head. His green eyes were looking at me with a tease.

"Tell me!", I requested feeling more impatient every second that passes.

"Not now, after the game ends!", he laughed and I grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly and giving him my death-glare.

"If I told you about it now, I think that you wouldn't be able to play because of the shock!"

Unfortunately, knowing Matt as a strong ass, he managed to escape my grip and run away.

I just continued looking at my jersey till I put it on.

Let's go.

~Zach's POV~

Seeing Zoe on the field made me extremely happy. Cheering her on with all of my heart and my sister, Katherina next to me was so amazing. I am so glad Kat managed to make it to her game, I always wanted her to meet Zo, the girl of my present and past.

"Let's go Zoe!", Katherina yelled from all of her lungs and I smiled widely at her.

67 minute:

Score: 0-0

The game has been really stressful, Zoe has been loosing herself on the field, along with her teammates, but the other team was a big challenge. They had a few close calls but the goalkeeper always did her job perfectly, preventing the ball from touching the net inside the goal.

The loud sound of the refferee's whistle made me jump slightly, but that wasn't the worst part. All of the players were gathered in a circle as the ref started arguing with some girls in dark blue jerseys, which made my heard skip a beat. After they backed away a bit, I saw something I really didn't want to.

Zoe was lying on the ground and rolling with pain written all across her face.

The crowd went wild when the girls started arguing with one another, but after the ref blew the wistle again, showing a red card to a blue-jersey girl, everything was clear.

Next thing I saw was Zoe arguing with the refferee and gesturing some things. I could almost hear her words from there:

'I am fine, just let me play!'

After the ref nodded, a smirk spread across Zoe's face as she jogged back to her teammates.

'S.Johannson is out of the game due to a red card and is suspended for 3 weeks!', the commentator exclaimed with surprise as the whistle that signaled the game to continue blew again.

88 minutes:

0-0

Almost done. 2 more minutes till the game ends and all of the players were overwhelmed with stress and pressure. Either score or go home. That's it.

The crowd went wild as nobody other than Zoe sprinted in front of the other girls, smartly preventing the offside position ref to put his flag up. (Sorry if some of the things are kind of confusing but offside is just rly hard to explain xD)

Quickly, she found herself in front of the goalkeeper, with 3 opposing team players behind her, miserably trying to prevent Zoe from making history and ending it all.

I felt sweat fall from my forehead and my heart beat as adrenaline was doing it's work.

That's the right moment Zoe, you just have to take it.

Carefully dribbling past one girl, she found herself in the penalty area. The goalkeeper was completely helpless as Zoe took a shot and the ball curved into the goal, making the goalkeeper rage and the stadium errupt with cheers of Zoe's name.

The crowd went wild and Zoe was running across the field with a proud smile as her teammates were  jumping on her, eventually making her fall down.

She did it, she actually did it.

~Zoe's POV~

"Close your eyes!", Matt pleaded and I chuckled and finally gave in. We were just given gold medals on the Canadian Soccer Women's Cup (no such thing...I think..).

"Okay! Okay!", I said and put my hands up on my eyes as I felt footsteps come closer to me and muffled whispers from someone. Chills went down my spine. Who is that?

"Okay, now open your eyes!", Matt yelled happily as I nervously and slowly removed my hands from my eyes.

"Surprise!"

***

okay then...

i have been down for these past few days and school was pretty stressful and stuffz SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! >:(

i just feel so alone sometimes and the only thing that cheers me up is football, as wierd as it may sound dont judge me! lol

anyways,

the plot is slowly coming to place and, as you may have guessed, the footy game is really important for it

the story has maybe 3 more chapters left...what will happen next?

and who was that? expect the unexpected...

okay, if you liked this story and still read it, why not leave a vote or comment? :3

hope you have a nice daY! C:

~sel