Chapter 21 - The New Girl

~Zach's POV~

Zoe, where are you?

I am at the hotel, where else would I be?

Why aren't you here? We are waiting for you!

Why?

Everyone agreed to go out tonight! Come on!

Zach... I am really not in the mood to argue with you right now.

Well what happened?

I-umm nothing. I-I just don't feel well...that's all.

Zoe, I know that you are lieing..something's up and you don't want to tell me.

N-nothing is wrong.

Zoe, are you crying? I am coming over right now!

D-don't, please.

...

~Zoe's POV~

Zach hung up and I threw myself on my bed and started sobbing on my pillow. I was so guilty, even though it isn't my fault, that kiss should have never happened. Kissing Mitch felt so wrong but so good at the same time, it's really hard to explain and my headache isn't helping either.

All these different thoughts were in my head and all I wanted to do is go back home and see all my friends and Matt.

"Zoe! Open the door!", I heard Zach's voice across the door but decided to ignore him, which I couldn't do so I covered my ears with my hands.

"Zoe, I know you are in there", he said again, "please...just open the door."

His voice is so gentle, calm. I can't just ignore the only pearson that gives a shit about me now, I can't. I won't tell him what happened, he will overreact and won't let me explain...no, this is going to be my secret for now, at least until it stays a secret.

I came over to the door and reached for the door handle, when he spoke up again.

"Do you not trust me enough to say what is happening?", his voice was full of pain and dissapointment, I opened the door.

He stood there just looking at me and shaking his head, I can't face him no matter how much I tried, I just can't...

"Why?", he asked looking me in the eyes, I looked down.

"Zach I can't tell you", I shook my head slowly and I could still feel tears slipping down my cheeks.

"Why do you try to run away from all of your problems? You can't do that Zoe, you can't. Especially when a fool like me cares about you...I would do anything for you, anything", he said with his sadness slowly turning into anger, "I would even take a star off the sky just for you...nobody else. You never did anything to prove that you feel the same way for me."

It hurts. I have never felt so bad before, Zach is right. I keep running from my problems, not even trying to solve them. I don't trust people. I am selfish and hate being loved, just because I am not able to love back. My past is slowly taking over and crushing me inside, nobody exept for Matt knows about it, he just never brings it up because he knows how much I suffered and how much times I have been abandoned, alone, forgotten...by my own parents.

"You're right", I said and wiped my tears from my cheeks, I looked up at him, "I mess up, just like every normal human being, it's in our nature to screw things up. I don't deserve you, I never did absolutely anything to prove my love", he was silent and he listened to every word carefully.

"But why?", Zach asked and grabbed my hand gently.

"I am too scared to hurt you."

"Too scared to hurt me?"

"It's just really hard to explain Zach. Don't think that I don't love you back just because I don't let it show, that's just how I am. I never did that, never. I don't like that people know how fragile I am, I don't like sharing my secrets."

"You can always tell me anything, don't forget that", he smiled and I finally felt warm inside, after all those years.

"I love you Zach", I said smiling and he leaned over to me pressing my lips to his.

"So..I've wanted to do this for a long time", he said nervously.

"Do what?", I chuckled and he took a deep breath and took both of my hands, he cleared his throat.

"Zoe, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes! Yes!", I said happily and jumped into his arms, he pecked my lips.

"Good, now that that is off my back. Let's go have some fun!", he said and I nodded. He put me down and we walked over to Liam's room holding our hands.

We opened the door and I saw almost every Cube member, they were playing truth or dare arranged on the circle on the floor, they all looked at us and I turned red as a tomato when someone whistled. I awkwardly took my hand out of his and Zach pouted his lips, which made everyone laugh.

"The lovebirds are here!", TYBZI screamed.

"Oh, shut up. Can we play?", I chuckled.

"Of course! My cousin is going to be here soon, she wants to meet you guys", Ryan said and I smiled.

"Sure", Zach said and we joined them, sitting on the floor.

Not a minute after we heard a knock on the floor, Liam stood up and opened it.

That girl! I saw her already at Minecon, when she was talking to Jordan! Wait, I am confused. She gave me 'the look' every time I saw her...so why was she so eager to meet me? I mean, considering that she doesn't really like me, judging by the previous experience.

"Hello everyone!", a short-ish girl with long wavy hair and 'nerdy glasses' said.

"Hello!", pretty much everyone exept for me screamed.

She looked around the room and at some point, our looks met. She smirked and went over to me. No, no, no, no.

"Hello there! I'm Amanda, nice to finally meet you!", she said overly excited and I raised my eyebrow questionably.

"Nice to meet you too, I guess", I said plainly and Zach glared at me, it was just like he was saying 'Give her a chance!', I just shrugged.

"Let's continue playing truth or dare guys!", Bee suggested and everyone agreed, we sat back in our positions on the floor, Amanda sat directly in front of me.

"I think that Amanda should start because she is 'the new girl'!", Grape suggested and Amanda gladly picked up a bottle and spun it around, it landing directly in front of me.

"Zoe! Truth or dare?", she asked all excited, why do I have a feeling that she wanted this to happen so badly?

"Dare", I said and everyone looked back at Amanda, she was obviously pretending to think...why do I think that she knew what to ask me to do all along?

"Okay, so, I dare you tooo", she spoke up, "kiss Jordan!"

***

Whoah there, tiger. HAHAHHA

So, I introduced the first character, Amanda and yes, she and Zoe will never get along lol

Opinions on Am? Do you think that she will effect Zoe and Zach's new-found relationship?

Don't forget to comment and vote!

~Sel