Chapter 33 - Game Day

FINALLY C:

~Zoe's POV~

Days before game:0

"W-what is this?", I panicked still looking at that banner. Marc and Zach? W-when did he come here and h-how did they meet?

I was quickly snapped out of my deep thoughts by loud claps that errupted through the huge stadium. The crowd was going crazy all of a sudden, the players were getting in their positions and I felt someone's arm punch my shoulder.

"Zoe! Snap out of your thoughts! It's about to start!", Jennifer yelled at me, pointing at my position, as the central defender, same position as my older brother.

I was lost, lost like a kitten in a big world of giants. I was numb, it was just like all my training never happened, it was all forgotten all of a sudden and it was frightening.

-

"No!", I yelled watching the first goal being scored on us. The girl with the words 'S.Johannson' on her jersey was running around the field with pride as her teammates were hugging her. That should've been me... It was like my dreams were in the sea, floating away, and I forgot to swim. Something caught my eye. Marc.

His face was saying everything. Disspointed. Angry. Just what I was feeling. My brother came all the way from Spain to here, just to see me fail miserably. I could never live with that kind of guilt.

Seeing Marc stand up and walk away, struggling to pass next to the overly dissapointed crowd of people was breaking my heart to a million pieces.

"Marc!", I yelled after him but he didn't hear me, because of the loud crowd of the opposing team. He spead through the people, making my eyes tear up.

"Marc please!", I yelled again, feeling my voice crack and my throat ache, "I'm sorry! Marc come back!"

Nothing.

~*~*~*~*~

"Zoe!", I felt a familiar voice that made me jump, "you are having a nightmare!"

Completely lost and sitting on my bed with Zach next to me, realising that that was just a dream didn't make me feel better. Zach's worried facial expression made me breathe heavily and put my hand in his. I felt that my cheeks were wet by the cold air that was touching them every now and then, emptyness was filling my head. Only one question I was thinking about was: Why?

"What happened?", he asked leaning closer to me and shifting in a more comfortable position next to me.

"F-footbal game...t-today", I stuttered and felt his arm on my mouth, making me silent.

"Shh, that's just pressure. Everything's gonna be perfectly fine, trust me", Zach comforted me in his gentle voice which always makes me feel warm inside.

"B-but M-Marc..", I said removing his hand from my mouth, "where's Marc?"

"Marc isn't here, sweetie", he shook his head and I felt guilt in his voice. I feel like it was just like turning a kid down and telling him that he can't eat any more candy, hard and confusing.

"W-what do you mean? H-he isn't here? At all?", I asked in dissapointment. That was one of the most realistic dreams I ever had. It is impossible that it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever. I am no dream expert, but something is teling me that Marc is here somewhere. It's a brother-sister thing.

"No Zoe, he isn't here", Zach sighed, hugging me tightly. I burried my head in his chest and breathed out, snapping back to reality.

"I am so nervous about today..."