"To the newlyweds"

Requested bycombattente_nata

Driver: Charles Leclerc

Plot: Wedding

Everything had been chaotic leading up to your wedding day. Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong and you were about to start screaming and cancel the whole day when Charles was there to calm you down once again. His presence was already enough to calm you down. 

Now, the first sunbeams fell through your open curtains and gently woke you up. Outside, the birds were chirping and it brought a smile to your face. At least you had a peaceful start to the day. 

You weren't sure about what to think of the rest of the day yet. Something told you it was going to be one disaster with you running on your high heels and in your beautiful white dress from left to right to fix things. But you weren't going to ruin your day before it had properly started by imagining things going wrong. 

You got out of bed and walked down the stairs of your parental home to find both of your parents sitting there. 

"Good morning princess." Your father said and he hugged you close to his chest. 

"Did you sleep well?" Your mother asked. "You better be well rested for your big day!" You chuckled. 

"Don't worry mom, I slept great, much to my own surprise." She sat down for her breakfast. Within the hour the place would be swarming with people helping to get you ready for your wedding.

xxx

"Well, I'd like to say a few words." Everyone fell quiet in the big yard that used to belong to Charles' grandmother. He told you when you started planning your wedding he'd like to have the reception there to have his grandma there even if it was just the thought. 

"I think I now almost have everyone's attention." You looked up to Charles' brother Lorenzo who was trying to get yours and your niece's attention as well. "Thank you, the final two are now listening as well." He winked at you and you chuckled. "But I would like to give a short speech. Don't worry, I prepared it so I can assure you it is short." People all around chuckled. 

"Well, get on with it then, otherwise it'll take a short eternity waiting for you to start." Charles teased his older brother who then gave him a playful shove. 

"But, to actually start my speech so I won't have the groom complaining too much, I don't think we would have thought we would be here gathered to celebrate this amazing couple ten years ago." He started and you blushed. "Now, seeing I am the groom's brother and not the bride it is not my duty to embarrass her but the groom, so I will not elaborate on that story right now." You let a sigh of relief slip. You had been so mad at Charles when you had only just gotten to know each other. The two of you were paired together by your teacher to make an assignment and he had lost half of the project, infuriating you.

"So, I will tell you about the way Charles was after the whole situation ten years ago. She didn't see him, couldn't stand him even and he was heartbroken, yet at the same time, he could whistle all day long. He was head over heels, he fell for her feisty attitude. For her stubbornness and he was falling hard. He kept pursuing her, even though she made it clear she didn't like him." Charles awkwardly chuckled and you squeezed his hand, back then it annoyed the hell out of you, but right now you found his perseverance quite adorable.

"To my defence, it was worth it in the end, I'm sitting next to the most beautiful woman in the world and she's my wife since this morning." You blushed furiously. 

"Just let me continue okay!" Lorenzo laughed. "To continue what I was saying, when she finally said yes to going on a date with him, he went all out. He arranged all the things he needed and that has always been his way. He asked her to be his boyfriend after winning a big karting competition. He asked her to marry him when he secured his first championship with Ferrari in 2021. It was almost a surprise when we found out this would be a simple wedding, nothing extravagant. I think that is her influence on things." People laughed again. "In Y/n, Charles found someone to keep him grounded when girls are screaming falling at his feet when men are scanting his names because he is their hero. With her, he is the normal, annoying little boy who is head over heels with a woman who he always thought to be so far out of his league. Y/n, welcome to the family, we, as the family, are very happy to have you as his wife. We wouldn't find anyone as fit for the job as you are." He raised his glass. "To the newlyweds!"

"To the newlyweds!" Everyone yelled. 

"I think it's time for the first dance." You smiled brightly as Charles pulled you up and dragged you to the small wooden platform that sufficed as a dancefloor and the first notes of what would be the song of your first dance started to play. You placed your arms around Charles' neck, looking right into his beautiful eyes. The eyes that stared at yours with love in them, love for you and longing to the many years to come. The many years he would spend with you.

He rested his head against yours, slowly moving to the rhythm of the music. Suddenly, you started crying, making his head shoot up. 

"What's going on darling?!" You laughed through your tears.

"Don't worry about me. I'm just so happy I'm crying." He laughed kissing the tears off your cheeks. "Stop, this is not going to make things much better."  You tried, but he didn't stop, he littered your face with small, soft kisses until you stopped crying. "You are the most precious thing in this world." You whispered. "And I'm going to get killed for ruining my make up."

Taglist: 

sebvettgirl
AshleyDorina
OrchideaSolitaria
Thclouds
XeniaFrei
musicalem21
f1lovesme
sariitiisima
emz353
salllsx
wxnderblue