Lucky Charm (Max Verstappen)

Here is a one shot for the one and only DesignatedFangirl! She, just like many others has just started, or is about to start her final exams and I have a series of one shots for her, but also for everyone else who has to make exams right now. 

I wish you all the best of luck and if you are taking exams right now, let me know so I can wish you all the luck!

Halfway May, the fourteenth to be precise, would be the day you would have to take your exam in Dutch. That would be in four days. As you were trying to focus on your studies, you sat in your room in silence until that was interrupted by your phone which rang. 

"Hey Max." You instantly started to smile.

"Hey schat, how are your studies?"

"Fine. I believe I should be fine as long as the nerves don't kick in too much." It remained silent. 

"Do you think you could possibly come to this race? I could use my lucky charm." You chuckled. "Two years ago your presence helped me."

"Let me just remind you my exam is not even twenty-four hours later than the start of the race, let stand the finish."

"So? I'll make sure you'll be home on time and you can study when you're on the plane." Max could be very convincing. "I could really use a lucky charm, some good luck in general." You imagined him pouting on the other side of the phone.

"Fine." You gave in. "Give me all the information about my flight and I'll be there."

"Great, you might want to start packing since your cab will be there in forty minutes." You chuckled, of course, everything was arranged already. He knew you could never refuse an offer like that even not when you have an exam the next day.

"You know me all too well Max and I hate you for that..." Max started to laugh.

"I love you too..."

xxx

"You see, I told you. I needed my good luck charm." Max was finally released of duty and he took you in his arms. 

"Yeah, you were right. I am sure I was your lucky charm." You kissed him tenderly. "I am so proud of you."

"but my lucky charm started to work when Sebastian made that second pit stop." You shook your head.

"You idiot... But I am glad I came, I wouldn't have been in my right mind if I wouldn't." The two of you walked out of his motorhome. "I am going home now though, no party for me this time." Max nodded. He understood, even though he wished you could have stayed.

"Next time." You smiled.

"Next time." you gave him a last kiss and then left the comfort of Max's arms.

"Good luck, you can do it!" You nodded before walking away.

"Too bad my lucky charm won't be there for me..." You yelled at him and then disappeared. You found your way to the hotel room you and Max had shared that weekend and you got your bags before heading towards the airport. Once there you scrolled through Instagram. 

@maxverstappen1: This girl can't be topped off

@maxverstappen1: This girl can't be topped off. My lucky charm came to cheer me on (she really helped boost my luck) even though her final exams start tomorrow. Can't describe how happy I am with her. Love you

You smiled. He could be such a tough cookie, but in the end, he was just a big marshmallow. He was all fluff on the inside. You decided to also post a picture.

@y/I/g: Very proud of this man right here! You have driven an amazing race and even though you claim I was the reason you got on the podium, you did it all by yourself

@y/I/g: Very proud of this man right here! You have driven an amazing race and even though you claim I was the reason you got on the podium, you did it all by yourself. You were the one who managed to stay away from Vettel, even with a damaged front wing. It's a shame I can't stick around for the party, but I am proud of you and I love you more than is good for me

You could board and quickly found your seat. Fortunately, the flight was short but long enough so you could rest for a little before you would arrive at home at almost eleven thirty. You quickly got ready to go to bed, not caring about unpacking at all, and it didn't take long before you drifted off into a dreamless sleep. 

xxx

In a hurry you got ready. You had been so stupid to sleep through your alarm and now you were late. You would eat your breakfast when you would be cycling to school, but first, you needed to find your pencil case. You opened your suitcase to see if it was in there. You then noticed a small box which wasn't yours. A little note was attached to it. You opened it and immediately recognised Max's handwriting. 

Hey schat,

Because I can't be there right now, I got you this little gift, just so I am there with you a little and to give you some luck, just like you give me a lot of it. x

You opened the box only for it to reveal a necklace with a four-leaved clover as a pendant. You smiled brightly. You would pass this exam. If it wasn't for your knowledge, it would be because of the necklace Max had secretly put into your luggage. 

Marieke_FZ
Hufflepuff_f1
nic_nadzwyczajnego
MariaThepld
alanwildersemulator
F1_mendes
Taaaaamz
wholockiangirlalice
GallyChuky
esmeemaria