Three: Wolf Moon pt. iii

Start from the beginning

"Skylar isn't a bitch," Isaac said. He tapped my shoulder making me turn around to face the front. 

By the end of the day, all I wanted to do was get the hell out of here and crawl into the comfort and safety of my bed. Erica had been cruel but that's only because she's hurting. I tend to lash out myself. It's an outlet. The only way out of this misery sometimes is to try and spread it to others. 

"Hey, where's your brother?" I pointed at the shower. 

-He's going out tonight-

"Do you know where?" 

-A party- she smiled. 

"Are you going?" I shook my head. 

-Not ready for that much excitement yet- she chuckled coming over to sit by me. 

"Are you okay, baby? You look kind of down," 

-Erica had a seizure in class today. She peed- she took a deep breath before slowly letting it out. 

"Yeah, she came in today. I didn't know she had an accident," 

-The other kids took pictures and videos. I hate this- I said poking my throat. She took my hand shaking her head. 

"I know it's unfair, Sky. Somethings just can't be helped," I nodded looking away. 

-Scott has a date for the party- she smiled liking that I changed the conversation to something positive. Just because I feel like crap doesn't mean I need to pass it on to my mom. 

"I'm going to go check on him. I will order you take out from work. How does that sound?" I nodded. 

 -Another late shift?- she sighed heavily. 

"I have been working a lot haven't I?" I nodded. "I'm fine. It's just for a few days," 

I didn't press the issue. She's been saying that since dad's left. I lied back in my bed trying to fall asleep. Sleep helps in days like this. I just go to sleep and when I wake up it's a new day. The unpleasant moments are nothing but soon to be forgotten memories that I won't think about anymore. Letting it go is better than holding it in. 

"Hey, I'm taking mom to work. You sure you don't want to come?" Scott asked from the doorway. I shook my head. 

-Congrats on making first line- I signed giving him the best smile I could. 

"Thanks. I couldn't have done it without you. You should have seen Jackson's face," I laughed with him. That would have actually been great. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" 

-Completely. Going to play some COD- he looked over at my small T.V. and nodded. 

"Good luck,"

-You too- he smiled big waving at me before he rushed out. He really likes her. 

Since I can't fall asleep, video games it is. I started playing. After a few rounds online, I heard Scott rush in and lock the bathroom doors. Before I started another game, I stood up to go check on him. I don't want to think that his date went wrong. I heard the shower water come on.

It was brief, I glanced out the window to see the light of the moon. Suddenly, Scott didn't matter anymore. A flash of pain shot through the center of my head. I stumbled back pressing my fingers to my head trying to sooth it. My stomach churned. I rushed towards my mom's room going straight for her bathroom. 

The seat was already up when I reached it. The same brown liquid from the other day came up and burst out of my mouth. I leaned into the toilet as more of it came up. It feels like it's burning the hell out of my throat. There was no way to hold it back. It just kept coming burning me up on the inside drowning me in it. 

After a few minutes, it stopped. I turned around panicking. I started the cold water of the tub before climbing into it. The pain soared through my body in waves that came and went. I curled into myself. When the next wave came something happened. 

I heaved. The sound of my groan echoed along the walls of my mom's tiny bathroom. I was in shock for an instant before I heaved again the same sound coming out of me as more bile came out of my mouth. When it was over I began to cry. The sound of my sobs are loud. My voice is not how I remember it. 

The sound coming from me is deep. It has a raspy hollow vibration. That's my voice. I stood up as the excitement inside of me beaming. I looked in the mirror completely giving over to the feeling this ignited in me. 

I shut my eyes arching back. A loud angry growl came from inside of me. At this point, any kind of sound coming from me is a blessing. Everything hurts me. My teeth, my eyes, my face, all of me hurts, but none of that matter. I can make noise.

I screamed. I looked down at my hands to see they had turned into claws. Panicked I looked back into the mirror to see that the thing that has scared the ever-loving hell out of me is me. Bright golden eyes stared back at me, fangs, a weird mutation. My mind raced back to Monday when Stiles was making fun of Scott and me for saying that we had been bitten by a wolf. 

"Sky, where are you?" I heard my brother call out. I didn't move as my face slowly began to turn back to normal. The door behind me was pulled open. Both Scott and Stiles rushed in. 

"Sky?" Stiles reached for me. I turned to face the two of them. 

"Scott?" My first word in eight years. It's fitting I think. My brother's eyes went wide, his eyes filled with tears. He stepped closer to me taking my hands. 

"Say it again. Can you?" he asked. 

"Scott," I whispered equally as shocked. 

"Can you say, Stiles?" Stiles asked. 

"Stiles," my voice broke and I flinched. 

"Sky," Scott placed his hand on my cheek. "Did you..." 

-Turn?- I signed and then nodded. 

"Holy shit," Stiles said looking into the toilet. "Did all of that come out of you?" 

"What?" Scott asked going over to the toilet. 

He looked back at me. I just shrugged. I can fucking talk thanks to all of that coming out of me. If that has to happen to me every full moon for me to be able to talk. I will gladly suffer that pain over and over. 

"It did," I mumbled. They both looked back at me still in shock. 

"How the hell are we going to explain this?" Scott asked. 

"Keep it," I whispered. "For now," 

"She's right. We can't tell anyone. If they try to run tests on her we don't know what they'll find," Stiles agreed.