Three: Wolf Moon pt. iii

Comenzar desde el principio

"Erica Reyes. Do the next one," 

Erica. I have known her for a while and she was a lot like me. Not because she can't speak but because since as long as I can remember, Erica has seizures. When I lost my voice, I cried a lot. We had both been little then but she always sat next to me She would read to me when she had nothing to say. Things got worse for us as we grew up. Things changed. I had to learn a new form of communication and the experimental drugs she tried and often changed made her moody. She pulled away from everyone. It hurt when she would look up at me and look away without saying a word. 

I get that we all have our own battles but I wish she would talk to me. Even if it were just to vent or to read for me. Anything. But the more I pushed the harsher I was shut down. She even stopped eating lunch with Scott, Stiles, and me. 

I placed the chalk back in place when I was done. Out of habit, I glanced at her and she turned away. I sighed and sat back down. There's this scent to her. Something different. Maybe I never noticed it before but it's there. Maybe it's because of what had happened to Scott and me that I'm picking up on it right now. I can't take my eyes off of her back. 

"You okay?" Isaac asked. 

A chill broke out over my skin. I stood up feeling it rush through my body. Erica is still standing at the board. Whatever it is that I'm feeling is coming from her. I pushed my chair back going around slowly approaching her. 

"Skylar, take your seat," Mr. Josten demanded. 

Erica's body stiffened. She let out a little groan before she slightly bent to her side. I was able to reach for her when she started to fall back. I gently laid her on her side as the others all began to gather around us. I waved my hand out to try and get the teacher to snap out of it. I pulled out my phone pointing at it while I called 9-1-1. He nodded taking it from me. 

"She's pissing," someone shouted. I looked down to see that Erica's legs were starting to get wet. 

"That's so gross," some else shouted. 

"Someone put something in her mouth," 

I stood up pushing people out of the way. Anger came over when I saw that some of them were recording. It's so much worse because I can't properly tell them to go to hell. 

"Alright, everyone go back to your seats. Put your phones away. Let's give Erica some room," the teacher finally shouted. I turned back to see that the seizure had passed. 

Erica looked around to see that the entire class has flocked around her. She sat up in a puddle of her urine. She began to cry realizing what was happening. The others moved away. I moved a little closer to her trying to find some kind of way to make her feel better. I offered her my hand to help her stand up. She smacked away. 

"Just leave me alone," she bit out. I nodded stepping back putting my hands up in surrender. "I don't need your sympathy. You're in a worse place. At least I can talk," 

I shook my head trying to let her know it wasn't sympathy that made me want to help her. I can relate. If I had someone to help me through what I have to go through, it would be easier. Teenagers can be cruel. The nurse and a few other teachers walked in and helped her get to her feet and out the door. I went back to my seat and just watched as the Janitor came in and mopped up the pee where she had been laying. 

"I can't believe she pissed herself. I would be so embarrassed," one girl laughed. 

"I got it on my phone," another girl added. I turned to look at them in disbelief. "You shouldn't judge, mute girl. She didn't even want your help. You should want at least a little revenge for what she said to you,"