XXVIII

Jaime stood before his father. His eyes widened and his mouth agape. He stood there before his father who sat upon the throne.

"I -- father I have never viewed Hellen other than a good friend."

Jaime said being cautious. His father inhaled deeply as he peered down at his son.

"You are sure? Positive that you've never -- "

"Father I love Brianne. Her little sister is like my very own. I would do anything for either of them, but Hellen, she is my Queen-mother. I have no interest in her."

Tywin glared down at his son for a moment linger before he scoffed. Looking away he tapped his hand against the arm of the throne.

"Then humor me as to why your sister seems to believe otherwise?"

Jaime blinked. His sister? Cersei has something to do with this?

"Cersei... She spoke to you? About affections toward Hellen?"

"Yes."

"Father I -- I haven't spoken to Cersei but the once st the wedding since she arrived and Hellen was beside me during it. She and Tyrion both. Both can agree that nothing about Hellen aside from her being threatened by Cersei -- "

"Threatened? Threatened!"

Tywin became outraged as he raises his voice enough for it to echo through the empty throne room. Jaime fell silent, knowing that he had said the wrong words.

"First I awake to find someone trying to kill her and now I'm learning that she was threatened during our wedding night by your sister!"

Tywin bellowed. He scoffed.

"Lannister's don't act like fools, and your sister is certainly acting as such! Threatening her new Queen, my wife. Your sister is many things and it seems that stupid is indeed one of them."

Jaime cringed at his father's words. Cersei was smart, at least he'd like to have believed she was smart. She was always the one coming up with ideas on them, their secretes, and how to get ahead in life. But he also knew that her pride often clouded the way as well.

"I've heard enough. Fetch your sister. Inform her that she's requested in the room of the Hand."

Tywin said as he rose from the throne and headed for the back door behind the seat. Jaime watched as his father left, knowing that he lit a fire that was sure to burn someone.

"Tywin?"

Hellen questioned as she entered the chamber of the Hand. Tywin was standing there with his brother going over something. He glanced in her direction.

"Your grace."

Kevan greeted almost surprised to see her there. Hellen arched a brow as she approached Tywin. She looked at him as he turned to her.

"You shouldn't be here."

Tywin said plainly causing Hellen to become even more worried. Never before had Tywin been so blunt to turn her away. What had gotten into him?

"But, Tywin I -- "

Hellen said only to be cut off by the sound of the door opening again from behind. It was then Cersei walked inside surprised to see Hellen there with her father.

"Father you requested to see me?"

She said in such an innocent tone that Tywin instantly pounced.

"How dare you."

He growled causing Cersei's eyes to widen as if not understanding. It was then Hellen slowly stepped back, she had never heard Tywin in such a manner. It frightened her.