III

Hellen sighed deeply through her nose as her first day doing her work as Lord Tywin's maid begun

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Hellen sighed deeply through her nose as her first day doing her work as Lord Tywin's maid begun. She was in the middle of fixing his sheets of his bed while he was in his solar working. Even though he was acting king, he was still han and had his own duties to attend to at this point in time.

Hellen fixed up the sheets and grabbed the old ones tossing them into a basket. She scoffed hating the dress she had to wear that all maids wore. It was ridiculous and punishment enough.

She was a highly trained swordswoman, not some maid.

All because she disobeyed some orders she was being punished in the most humiliated way possible. And thanks to Jaime's little crush on her elder sister she was in this position instead of being whipped.

Which in all honesty she'd much rather take the latter of the two.

A fortnight of being Lord Tywin's maid would grow old on her fast. Changing sheets and cleaning his room was not something she would settle doing.

Not for long at least.

"Hellen! Hurry up with that basket! Lord Tywin will return to -- "

But before the red head maid could continue Hellen shot the woman a glare causing the girl to shut her mouth quickly.

"Lord Tywin will not leave that room until night fall we both kn
ow that. He's a busy man. Rush me again and see what happens."

Hellen snapped leaning down to pick up the basket and carried it toward the door leaving the woman shaking in her boots.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Hellen had done a majority of the chorus that day. She had washed sheets, scrubbed Tywin's floors, and had even dusted. The afternoon fell quickly and Hellen was ordered to take Tywin his lunch. It seems the head maid knew that the woman was more than capable of surviving Tywin Lannister and sent her instead of one of the skiddish maids they had on hand.

Knocking upon the door Hellen waited until she heard the faint 'enter' come from the other side before making her way inside.

There sat Tywin behind his desk busy working. He didn't bother to gaze up to see who it was that was bringing him his food until they spoke. His head lifted and his golden-green eyes met with her blue-green ones.

"Where would you like your lunch?"

She questioned having caught Tywin's attention. The old man looked at her for a moment longer before he motioned toward the desk to his right.

"On the table."

Hellen moved quickly across the room and placed the tray down onto the long yet small table that sat against the wall in his solar. She moved around a jug of wine and a few cups in order to sit the tray down.

"How is your first day?"

Hellen was caught off guard by the odd question faltering in her movements for a moment as she placed a cup down.

"Fine. They've already doubled my work load seeing as how I'm stronger than the other maids."

She told him turning around and looking at the man. He was watching her sitting back against his chair. Hellen blinked slowly looking at the most powerful man in all of Westeros.

"Is there anything else my Lord?"

"No. You may leave."

He said after a brief pause before plucking his quill from the desk and continued to write. Hellen turned from him and walked toward the door all the while not knowing that Tywin's eyes wasn't on his parchment like she believed as she took her leave.