XXVII

Tywin was on a war path.

He had - thus far - excituted seven guards, three maids, a watchman, and was now pulling teeth with the captain of the guard.

Hellen on the other hand sought comfort in the arms of her sister and father, who were both in the small foyer off of the garden.

"There were no guards when Tywin called. It was as if the halls were a tomb for my awaiting death."

Hellen explained. Her father looked to her worried as did her sister.

"We cannot let you stay here like this. Queen or not it's obvious that Tywin's promises to protect my girls was -- "

"Facing an attacker with nothing but a sword and no armor - clothing for that matter - surely was protection?"

Hellen said rubbing the corners of her swollen eyes again. She had been on and off crying out of the sight of everyone else who wasn't her blood or her dear friends.

"Tywin risked himself to try and protect me."

"She's right father. King Tywin could have left her to her attacker, yet instead he didn't back down even with his... vulnerability."

Brienne said coming to her sister's aid. Their father sighed deeply through his nose and shook his head.

"I am to return home at noon, yet I leave with a pain of worry in my heart for my daughters."

He openly admitted to his girls. Although he had always been the quiet and reserved lord, their father softened voiced his concerns when the situation demanded it most.

This was one of those situations.

"You're my youngest. I will always worry for you, Queen or not."

He admitted. Hellen rose from her seat and walked briskly toward her father. She embraced him whole heartedly even burryinf her face into his neck.

"I will be alright. Tywin wouldn't allow me to come to harm."

She whispered.

"You make it sound so believable."

Jaime said walking into the room, sword at his side. Hellen pulled back from her father and looked toward her friend that entered the small foyer.

"Jaime."

Brienne said rising to her feet. She looked worried at him as he approached, stopping before Hellen and giving a bow. She quickly shook her head and raised her hand.

"Please, when we are with family do not bow to me, Jaime."

He nodded rising back up.

"What news do you have on my daughters attacker?"

"We've found no trace of him, but a description has been made and every able bodied man is searching the city for him. We will not rest until his head is hanging off the wall."

Jaime reported. Hellen turned her head and peered out into the garden. The butterflies fluttered about, birds made their voices known. It was as if this hell wasn't even happening.

"No."

Hellen's light hearted order caused the three pairs of eyes in the room to fall on her. Her back to them as she gazed upon the flowers.

"Bring him to me alive, unharmed if possible."

"Sister -- "

"He had every chance to kill me when he had hold of me, but yet he didn't, which means that he was there to send a message."