XXIII

"He's going to what?"

Brienne looked at her younger sister. They sat in her room. Jaime present as he stood behind Brienne as she sat in her chair. Hellen nodded.

"He's going to invite Prince Oberyn to our wedding. He thinks he can bait the man out and catch him in the act."

Jaime scoffed and rubbed his hand through his hair.

"It's a good plan, but there has to be some other way of going about this."

"Jaime, he cannot use my sister as bait!"

"Tywin never said he was going to specifically use me as bait, sister. He said all of this is to just bait him out."

"Are we even sure it's Oberyn? The trail that's been left behind. A note, a weapon, it seems too obvious."

Jaime noted causing Hellen to frown even more.

"If not him then who? I myself thought that as well, until I was attacked. Because what person besides Prince Oberyn has a big enough grudge against the Lannisters than a man who's sister was killed by Tywin Lannister's command?"

Jaime looked at Hellen. He frowned deeply.

"She has a point. The man didn't seem all too pleased at the royal wedding with Joffery. Who's to say he isn't behind everything."

"Tyrion even told me that he had a grudge against your father Jaime."

Hellen said looking at the older man. Jaime sighed deeply and shook his head.

"I'm worried this is all going to go horribly wrong. What if you end up dead? Killed by this so called plan?"

Hellen frowned. Jaime was extremely worried that much was certain. To be honest so was she. But she couldn't allow her fears to show. She had already tried to be killed once, she wouldn't risk her sister having the same happen to her.

She would be brave for her sister.

"We have to try."

She spoke softly. Jaime looked away for a moment, he couldn't bare the idea of her dying, not on his watch.

"Alright, but I'll be right beside you."

"As will I."

They both told her. Hellen sighed deeply and couldn't help but give them a warm smile.

"Thank you. Both of you."

"We can't allow for our house to look weak."

Jaime frowned looking to his father. It was early the next morning. Jaime had noticed a change in his father that startled him.

He noticed a softness.

Tywin Lannister was anything but a man who would never show any type of weakness, and soften emotions above all else. But Jaime could see it. He could see it all too well.

"You really do care for her don't you?"

His question caused his father to harden his gaze. His smoldering green-golden eyes attempting to burn holes into Jaime, but the young man didn't feel threatened by them at all.

Because he knew the odd truth.

"What I care for is the legacy of my house. My father nearly distorted our house and name, it took me years to build it back to its former glory. Then you and your sister tarnish it once again with rumors and lies."

He scolded sitting on his throne. Jaime sighed deeply and placed both his hands over his sword. His white cape gone, it had been for a while, but he still wore his armor -- his Lannister armor.