XVIII

"Hellen come."

Jaime ordered from the doorway of their shared chambers. She looked up from her book and gave a quick glance toward Jaime noticing that he was waiting for her. Setting her book down Hellen rose from her chair and made her way to him.

"What's wrong?"

There was an urgency in her voice. More so than she had expected there to have been. Jaime reached out for her and took her arm in his as he escorted her from their room.

"I need you in the keep."

He said causing her to arch a brow. She didn't understand things seemed... off.

Little did Hellen know that there was much off when she entered the keep there was the head maid kneeling to the floor. Tywin sitting on his throne looking extremely ticked off.

"Lady Hellen!"

Tywin's voice boomed through the keep. Hellen gave her soon to be a small curtsy as she stood in front of him.

"This woman, do you know her?"

He questioned watching the woman crying on the floor. The old woman was sobbing and begging, what for Hellen wasn't sure.

"Yes your grace. This is Suzanne the head maid."

"You were employed in her wake for a while we're you not?"

"Yes, a fortnight your grace."

"And in the time did she ever show any displeasure toward Tommen Baratheon?"

Hellen fell silent toward Tywin's question. She felt her breath hitch in the back of her throat. What was all of this about?

"Not to my knowledge your grace."

"Would you say she showed ill will toward myself?"

"Sir?"

Hellen was confused greatly as to where this was going. She didn't understand any of this or as to why she was here, but she was smart enough to know that something wasn't right.

"A small veil was found in her quarters. A veil small enough to contain posion that we believed had been used on Tommen Baratheon."

Tyrion said stepping forward holding up the small Veil. Hellen's eyes widened as she looked at the little thing.

"I have done nothing!"

The maid cried out. Hellen turned and looked at the woman. She sat there on the floor with her feet under her and sobbed an ugly sob.

"So you say. But the evidence points that you were at least a small part in all of this. I refuse to believe that a maid knows her poisons."

Tyrion sighed looking back to Tywin. It wasn't seconds later when Kevan entered the throne room with a group of guards escorting him.

"Your grace, we've searched both her quarters and her work area. We found these letters."

Kevan said walking past Hellen and headed up to Tywin's side. Tywin took the letter and looked them over. His eyes narrowed as he looked from his brother to the maid upon the floor.

"These letters are from Prince Oberyn. Why would you have such a thing?"

The maid did nothing but sob harder. Hellen stood there shocked with everything she was learning.

"It's best you tell us what you know."

Hellen managed to say causing the sobs to stop. And it when then the maid turned and looked up at Hellen. Her eyes narrowed and filled with anger.