XX

Hellen found herself unable to keep from smiling when she seen her visitor.

"Lord Father!"

She cheered having become embraced by the man. He held her close to him as he wrapped her into his arms and didn't dare let go for the longest moment.

"My littlest girl. How you've grown."

He whispered into her hair. Hellen couldn't keep the grin off her face when she pulled away and looked at him.

"Lord Father, welcome to King's Landing."

She greeted. Selwyn grinned happily as he looked his daughter up and down.

"You have no idea how much joy it fills me to see you in a dress."

He said causing Hellen to snort a bit. Even though her father had never been one to allow her to grow up in the style of a man, he was unable to help her follow the path of a lady and so, like her elder sister, was trained to hold her own by her father.

"Though, what I wouldn't give to see you in Baratheon colors..."

He whispered quietly causing Hellen to send her father a warning look.

"I understand your allegiance father. But you must be careful here. There are more eyes and ears than ever before."

She whispered causing Selwyn to nod and take her arm in his own.

"Trust me, my dear, I know what it's like to see first hand the power of the Lannisters."

He said as he was escorted into the throne room by his daughter. Hellen nearly held her breath as she approached Tywin sitting upon the throne watching the both of them approaching being surrounded by Lannister guards while they walked.

When they came to the steps of the throne her father released her arm from him and bowed deeply to Tywin.

"Your grace."

He greeted while Hellen removed herself from his side and made her way up the steps to her stool beside Tywin.

"Lord Selwyn."

Tywin replied although his eyes had been on Hellen while he spoke. When Selwyn rose again he caught the small glance of Tywin's eyes from his daughter to him. Clearing his throat, Selwyn stood tall as he gazed up at Tywin.

"The fact that you've chosen my daughter to marry comes as a great suprise to me. As you're well aware by now she's no lady - at least not the lady I had wished for her to become - and the fact that she still managed to catch your eye is an amazement to me."

"Yes, your youngest is certainly something else. But she is young and a fast learner. She has transformed within the last three months rather well."

Selwyn glanced at his daughter for a moment while Tywin spoke. Hellen arched a brow at her father, his expression wasn't one she was sure she understood.

"No doubt that she has under yourself. But there is one thing that worries me greatly."

"And that is?"

Hellen blinked slowly as she looked down at her father. What was it that worried him?

"There's been news, from House Baratheon, that she and my eldest have committed treason and was behind the murder of Renly Baratheon."

Tywin sighed deeply as he almost glared at Selwyn. He rolled his eyes for a moment and tapped his finger against the Iron throne before chuckling.

"Rumors are just that. Rumors."

Tywin stated looking toward Hellen's father. Hellen watched her father. What on earth was he playing at? What was he trying to accomplish from this from any of this?

"But, surely your grace wouldn't overlook something such as this? Such a rumor would hurt your family line wouldn't it?"

"I could care less what people say or think about my family or myself for that matter. A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep."

He all but spat causing Selwyn to look at him rather wide eyed. Hellen played with her hands that were folded in her lap as she looked between the two men. Perhaps two of the richest men in all the Seven Kingdoms stood before one another and almost seed ready to tear each other apart.

"Father, Lady Margaery knew that we had nothing to do with Lord Renly's death. Brienne spoke to her on the matter."

Hellen spoke up grabbing both of their attention. And now that she had it, she knew she couldn't just stop there.

"Besides, House Baratheon would say anything with no line left. Their house is in dismay. Stannis is the only one that remains and his heirs are dead. He wishes for the crown because of rumors that begun when the allies of the House Baratheon started them. Ned Stark didn't wish for anyone other than his dear friend, Robert, on the throne. Once he died, I was under the impression Ned Stark wasted no time in attempting to bring the Lannister name to ruin."

Hellen could see Tywin's gaze upon her. She could see the twinge of his lips as she spoke more and more curl up the more she spoke.

"So, as it goes to show, rumors and lies know no bounds. House Baratheon is beyond desperate to take the throne and will say anything by any means to make it happen. Don't listen to them, Lord Selwyn."

For the first time ever Hellen had addressed her father by his title. It did not go unnoticed by him and in fact it actually struck him and it struck him hard. Hard enough to the point where her own father bowed his head and his eyes cast to the floor, understanding now about what Brienne had meant when she wrote to him.

Hellen was no longer a Tarth.

Hellen was a Lannister.