Chapter 2

Hello! :)

So, I just like some parts of this Chapter haha. But anyways... Hope you like it! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

10 hours later

I continue watching the picture, not sure of what should I do. Should I call him? What is he going to say? How am I going to explain all this? Do I even have his number?

I sigh and pull out my phone. I scroll down my contact list and see his name in my screen.

Paul Higgins.

I put my thumb over the name, not sure if I should tap the number and call him. Just then, my phone rings meaning that someone is calling me. I see the caller ID and in big letters it says: Emily.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Hey, is everything okay? Do you need anything?” She asks.

I shake my head even though I know she can’t see me. “No, everything’s fine.” I reply.

“Oh, okay…”

Silence.

“Emily?”

“Yes?”

“What’s going on?” I ask.

She sighs. I just know her so well. “I told my mom what happened, she’s on her way to your house to make you company for a little while. I hope that’s okay.”

I smile a little. “It’s totally fine, Em.”

“She just want to talk to you about who are you going to live with and all that stuff.” She explains.

“I understand.” I reply. “Uhm, actually I think I just found someone who I can live with.”

“Who?”

Ding. Dong.

Ding. Dong.

“Someone’s outside.” I say. “I’ll call you later.”

“It’s probably my mom, but okay. I’ll be waiting for your call.”

After saying our goodbyes, I stand up from my parents’ bed and walk towards the front door. I look outside the window, and in fact it is Emily’s mom. I open the door and I’m suddenly attacked with a big hug.

“I’m so sorry, Bree.” She said. I smile a little and tears begin filling my eyes. I miss mom so much already.

“Thank you Mrs. Jones.” I say, pulling away.

“If you need anything you know you can count with me.” She says.

I nod, wrapping my arms around her tiny waist. “Thank you.” I say, as I feel the tears fall from my eyes.

After hugging her for a while, I invited her inside and offer her a cup of tea. She gladly accepted and we began our conversation in the living room.

She first wanted to know what I was going to do with all the belongings. The best idea that we had was to sell them or give them to charity. In the end we decided to do both, because I was going to need some money after all.

“Now, the most important question is: who are you going to live with?” she asks.

I sigh and when I’m about to speak, she cuts me off.

“I would love to have you in my house, but there’s no space. Also, having 4 kids is very tiring.” She adds.

I giggle. “It’s okay Mrs. Jones. I actually had someone in mind, but it’s been a while since I talked to him and he probably still don’t know what happened.” I explain.