Chapter 1

10 hours ago

It was another beautiful day in Los Angeles, California. The sun was out and it was a perfect day to go to the beach. I had this day planned with my best friend, Emily. We were going with a lot of other friends and have a good time before we all left for college since we had just graduated.

“Good afternoon mother.” I say, with quite a big smile on my face.

“Hello Bree.” She replied, a smile on her face as well. “You have everything ready for today?” She asked.

I just nodded and turned to look at my baby brother, John. “Hello, Johnny!” I cooed in a baby voice, earning a chuckle from him.

“Hi bree!” My 6 year old brother replied. I just giggled.

“Hello family!” My dad suddenly said, walking towards us. “Bree, are you ready?”

I nodded, “Yeah, but Emily is picking me up, so don’t worry.” I said.

“Ah, all right then.” He said with a smile. “Well, your mother, John and I are going out tonight.”

I smiled “Where are you guys going?”

“We don’t know yet.” My mom replied.

“Oh, well you guys go have fun!” I said. “And don’t bother to come home early.” I said, half joking. I really wanted to have the house to myself when I came back, mostly because there was a special someone who I wanted to be with and have some alone time with.

My dad narrowed his eyes playfully at me and I just grinned.

I heard a honk outside the house and immediately knew that was Emily.

“Well, that must be Emily.” I said, grabbing my bag from the couch. “Goodbye family!” I said as I kissed them all on the cheek.

“Have fun!” They said in unison, except for John who was playing with his toys, not paying attention to what was happening around him.

I ran towards Emily’s car, super excited for our day at the beach. “Hello, love!” She says as I get in.

“Hey, babe!” I reply as she starts driving. Our houses were not too far from the beach so 20 minutes later Emily was already parking her car. “So, do you know if Matt is going to be here?” I ask, blushing a bit.

She shrugs. “I really don’t know, wh—” and she gasps. “What is going on between you and Matt?” she asks, getting all excited.

I rolled my eyes, a smile still in my face. “Nothing is going on. I mean, if we don’t see each other today I guess nothing is going to happen. We’ve been texting for a couple of days, but nothing more.” I explain.

Emily squeals, “Oh my God, I’m so excited for you.” I just giggle and get out of the car, Emily following. She locks the car and we walk towards the beach were we can spot some of our friends already there.

“But do you think he really likes me?” I ask.

She scoffs. “Of course he likes you! I mean, who wouldn’t like you? With your beautiful, long, wavy brunette blonde hair and your gorgeous, big brown eyes… I swear if I was a lesbian I would be all over you, Bree.” I just laughed.

As we get closer to our group of friends, they all say hi to us, inviting us to sit with them. As soon as I sit down, I spot Matt. A big smile appears on my face and that’s when Emily knows what is going on. I just wave at him lightly though, I don’t want to act all desperate. He returns the wave and that’s all I need to get more excited than before.